View Single Post
Old 09-15-2018, 12:27 AM   #1282
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Nintendo Switch Online.

Feel like theres a little discussion that might be worth having. Im aware im about to post a minority opinion:

So this service seems awful.

Theyve taken the xbl/ps+ model (that i hate) and made it much worse.

Firstly instead of current games like the competitors youre getting 30 year old games. More over most if not all were previously available for actual purchase on the wii and or wiiu. More on that later though.

Cloud storage isnt bad feature but its offensive when you have sd card support but deliberately block saving save data to sd cards. Youre forcing me into your service by restricting basic functions of a feature you chose to include...also some games cant have cloud storage...why?

I fully support locking online behind a patwall. Providing the service has overhead. However i cant get hyped about paying for something next week that is free today even if its objectively the right call for nintendo.

I do like subscriber only merchandise. Thats fun, i dig it.

At the end of the day this isn $20 annual and its still over priced. The VC from the wii, wiiu and 3ds are substantially superior to what theyre trying to sell me. Previously i could find a game from 10ish consoles and buy it. Own it forever. Now its netflix but for titles of their choosing and specifically from NES. And when these servers go down in 10ish years ill have nothing to show for it.

Nintendo has had the vastly superior shopping experience for a decade and for the first time in their existence they got in line with the industry standard the one time it would actually detract from the products quality.

Im not getting NSO and without online smash has much less value...i canceled my preorder.

I dunno.

I know this will be a less popular opinion but surely im not alone on this...yeah?
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote