View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #1057
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Going against what ended up as the biggest Monday Night Football game of the year, Raw set a record low for a non-major holiday show, doing 2.06 million viewers last night.

The show was on Veteran's Day, but that is not considered the type of a holiday that impacts ratings.

The episode was expected to do a weak number, with the combination of the San Francisco 49ers-Seattle Seahawks game, and that Raw was taped.

The only Raw episodes in modern history to fall under this number were this past Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. However, the third hour last night was lower than the third hour either of those nights ...

The third hour was the least watched third hour in history, even behind Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. That was likely due to the closeness and interest in the game, plus the six-man tag with Ricochet, Humberto Carrillo & Randy Orton vs. The OC wasn't going to keep viewers who had any interest in football. The main event segment itself did gain viewers from The Viking Raiders match with Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews ...

The 26 percent drop in audience from hour one to hour three was the largest in history, but given the excitement of the game, which went into overtime, that isn't a shock either ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.36 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.06 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.75 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The demographics told an interesting story as Raw was hit most among 18-49 with men down 12.5% and women down 18%. They only fell 17.5% among people 25-54 from last week. Interestingly, men 12-34 was up 2% from last week while adults over 50 stayed even from the previous week, which is remarkable.

The actual tune-out numbers from hour one to hour three were gigantic. While males 12-34 were up from last week, throughout the show they fell 31%, which tied the largest decline during the episode along with men 18-49. People 18-49 fell 30% from the first to the third hour, 25-54 fell 28% and people 18-34 fell 27%. Adults over 50 only fell 18% during the show, which was the strongest retention among the key demographics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The John Cena narrated "Wrestlemania's Legendary Moments" documentary which aired on Fox last month is coming to WWE Network this Friday, 10 AM on demand

A new "Beyond the Ring" presentation will be added to WWE Network this Friday at 12 PM Eastern. It will be the 2017 "1997: Dawn of the Attitude" which features a roundtable hosted by Renée Young featuring Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Ron Simmons, Kane, and the Godfather talking about the pivotal year in WWE history.
Quote:
There is a new edition of Table for 3 airing tonight on the WWE Network featuring Shane McMahon, Bruce Prichard, and John Laurinaitis. The company released a clip previewing the show with McMahon recounting a ridiculous story regarding the sale of WCW in March 2001 and going to Panama City, Florida for the final Monday Nitro. According to McMahon’s story, he informed the locker room in WCW that the company had been bought out and everyone was stunned as he delivered the news. Laurinaitis then chimed in that only he and some of the lawyers were aware of the sale. The news broke the previous week and was the biggest story in the industry well in advance prior to the day of the final Nitro. This isn’t even one of those stories where there were reports out there, but the company had kept quiet, the WWE issued a press release on Friday announcing the purchase. So, this story was quite insane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
David Penzer doesn't believe Shane McMahon remembers things too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportskeeda
During his promo on at the Oct. 9 episode of AEW Dynamite, Chris Jericho shut down a "We The People" chant by saying, "'We The People' sucks. It's dead and buried. It was a stupid idea from bad creative and all of that's gone." The "We The People" phrase was popularized by Jake Hager (Jack Swagger in WWE) and Cesaro during their time as a tag team.

Speaking to Sportskeeda, Cesaro revealed that "We The People" may not have been an idea from "bad creative."

“I was lucky to be in some very great tag teams with people I’ve gotten along with tremendously well: Jack Swagger, Tyson Kidd and Sheamus. ‘We The People’, by the way... That was our idea and it’s still over!"
Quote:
At WWE SummerSlam 2019, Goldberg made short work of Dolph Ziggler, laying him out with a spear and jackhammer in less than two minutes. After the bout, Ziggler continued to egg on Goldberg and received a few more spears for his troubles.

Speaking to Alex McCarthy of TalkSport, Ziggler revealed that he did everything in his power to get more time for the match.

"As a kid, yeah. You know now, I’m a grown-up and I see these guys and I go ‘Ok, I’m here to do business and special things’ So I try not to be like ‘the fan’. I find out what the business is and I’m like ‘Cool, this will be a special moment’. But yeah, as a kid, big time [fan]," he said. "Then having that ‘You’re the guy to do this’ to set the record straight and give this guy and awesome match you go ‘Fantastic’. And they go ‘It’s going to be a bell, spear, pin’ and I go ‘come one’. I fought all day long, threatened to leave, threatened to quit, did everything I had to – ‘Give me two damn minutes!’ And I got a minute, whatever, what you going to do?"
Quote:
EVOLVE has revealed WALTER's matches for their December events.

WALTER will be in action at EVOLVE 141 in Livonia, Michigan on Friday, December 6 and EVOLVE 142 in Chicago, Illinois on Saturday, December 7. He'll face Timothy Thatcher at the Livonia show. The next night in Chicago, it will be WALTER vs. EVOLVE Champion Josh Briggs in a non-title match.
Quote:
Jerry Lynn on Twitter: “Went over the MRI with the doctor today. Getting surgery for a bulging disc on Nov 29th. Good news is 3 to 4 week recovery!”
Quote:
Retrosoft Studios announced today that RetroMania Wrestling is officially the sequel to the 1980s arcade game WrestleFest. They reached an agreement with Arc System Works Co. Ltd, who obtained the IP rights to WrestleFest and Mat Mania from defunct developer Technos of Japan. The developers noted in the press release that characters from the Mat Mania series will appear in the new game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE and ECW star Francine announced this [Monday] evening that she was being re-admitted back into a hospital in New Jersey from issues she did not disclose pending from a surgery last week for an abdominal reconstruction as well as a hernia repair. This had the third such surgery the "Queen of Extreme" has undergone with doctors placing mesh to secure her stitching, which came underdone prematurely after the first two surgeries.
Quote:
Rusev spoke with The Sun in the U.K. earlier this week and discussed the storyline involving his Lana and Bobby Lashley:

There’s adjustments that we make, but that’s just life. We’re committed to our characters on TV, so we just have to make slight adjustments, but we’re professionals and we’re coping with it. It’s great, I think we are in the best storyline currently going on and the best storyline that’s been around for years. It’s getting a lot of views and a lot of eyes on it. Some people like it, some people love it, but at the end of the day, it’s the hottest storyline going on.

In the interview, he added that if he were to team with a female on the roster it would be Asuka and noted that he began taking lessons to speak Japanese earlier this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
From almost the beginning, All Elite Wrestling has made it well known that wins and losses will matter heavily in the company. When wrestlers head to the ring, the graphic that displays their name also includes their record (in singles competition and overall).

On Twitter, a fan asked AEW EVP Nick Jackson how AEW will handle things down the road to avoid booking problems in regards to wrestlers' records, "Do you have a way of booking around the possible problems down the road that you may encounter with the win-loss record?"

Jackson retweeted the question and confirmed, "It'll reset."

Rather than wins-losses just going on and on, it sounds like AEW will have something of a "season" where wrestlers will get an opportunity for a start fresh.
Quote:
During their panel at Starrcast IV, a fan asked Brandi what her thoughts are on which women would she like to bring in to the division. Brandi, who had spent years working in WWE, said she'd bring in former Raw and Women's champion Alexa Bliss into AEW, adding that she is a big fan of her work.

"I would take Alexa Bliss in a heartbeat. I love Bliss, I love her. She's got something. She's multi-dimensional and talented," Brandi said.

Of course, Cody had to step in and show off his appreciation for Bliss by not only saying she has the best theme song in WWE, but also briefly playing her theme song on his phone.

"It's a good song! Literally at the top of my playlist," Cody said.

Brandi then asked Cody what his pick would be and Cody jokingly said if he mentioned anyone from WWE, then that person would get locked up under a brand new contract. So he decided to go in another direction and go for someone that is actually a member of IMPACT Wrestling.

"The tricky thing about it is if I say someone from WWE, then Vince [McMahon] will sign them for $18 million. They would appreciate it... I think Tessa Blanchard would be a good addition," Cody said.
Quote:
Next IMPACT Plus special announced.

IMPACT Wrestling announced the promotion will return to IMPACT Plus for a special on Saturday, Dec. 7. IMPACT No Surrender will take place in Dayton, Ohio and will be headlined by an IMPACT World Championship match pitting Sami Callihan defending his title against Rich Swann.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote