View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 09:19 PM   #1061
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
After a week in which NXT came its closest to beating AEW since the beginning of the Wednesday Night Wars, AEW Dynamite ratings were up 16 percent from last week, averaging 957,000 viewers.

Dynamite finished fifth for the night on cable in the 18-49 demo, averaging a 0.43 rating in that important category. That number is up 22 percent from the previous week.

NXT on USA Network was down eight percent in total viewers, averaging 750,000 viewers. In the 18-49 rankings, they finished 22nd on the night with a .25 rating. That's down 17 percent from last week.

AEW beat NXT in every demo except for persons over 50, which is the case most weeks. NXT had an edge of 0.35 to 0.29 in that demo.

Dynamite was strongest in the males 18-49 category, with a 0.55 rating, almost doubling NXT's 0.32.

The AEW number was almost identical with where the show finished on October 23. The NXT audience has grown eight percent from that date, which is likely the effects of the current angle involving the NXT invasion of Raw and SmackDown leading into Survivor Series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AEW saw gains across the board led by females 12-34 that rose an incredible 91% from last week and up 200% from two weeks ago where the show went against Game 7 of the World Series.

The 18-34 demo was up 48% for AEW and women 18-49 grew 35% from last week’s among the biggest jumps.

For NXT, they were hit hardest among the female 12-34 demo that AEW benefited from with NXT down 23% in that category. A small positive for NXT was a rise among males 12-34 which was up 6% and the over 50 audience was up 3%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Two members of The Dynasty will face off in the opening round of MLW's Opera Cup tournament.

MLW has announced that MJF will face his Dynasty stablemate Alexander Hammerstone in the first round of the Opera Cup. The one-night single-elimination tournament is being held at MLW's television tapings at the Melrose Ballroom in Queens, New York on Thursday, December 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Ronda Rousey Story: Through My Father’s Eyes A Lionsgate documentary on UFC Hall of Famer and former WWE Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey will be released for digital streaming and on demand orders next Tuesday 11/9.

Written and directed by Gary Stretch (former WBC International Light Middleweight Boxing champion), the documentary follows Rousey from her difficult, humble beginnings through her rise to the top of the male-dominated mixed martial arts and sports entertainment worlds to become one of the most recognizable and iconic superstars in the entire world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Jordan Myles has deleted his Twitter account. In a move that can't make WWE happy, People Magazine picked up on the Myles story.
Link: https://people.com/sports/jordan-myl...-citing-racism

Quote:
On November 13th, Jordan Myles (ACH) made it clear on social media that he is quitting WWE. He stated during a Twitter Live video that he does not want to be a part of the company. Last week, Myles noted on Twitter that if WWE didn’t reach out to him following the offensive and racial t-shirt situation, he was going to continue speaking out. Myles’ Twitter account is not activated at the moment. WWE Hall Of Famer Booker T talked about the situation during the latest edition of his ‘Hall Of Fame’ podcast and shared his thoughts about the entire situation and where it is now:

“I don’t know if Jordan Myles has quit the company but on social media he says he quit the company. My thing is, I’m not gonna sit here and judge or anything like that. I’m not gonna sit here and say, ‘The guy should’ve did this’ or, ‘The guy should’ve did that’. I’m gonna lay out on that because I don’t want any backlash before someone’s saying, ‘Oh Booker said this’ and ‘Booker said that’. I’m just gonna say this: The situation to where… it all started with the t-shirt and now its gotten to this and I don’t know where it’s gonna go from here but I do know, some of the stuff he was saying as far as the company goes, I cannot… I’ve been on this earth for 54 years and if you think one person is something, call it that. If you think that person is something, call it that. But I cannot judge a group and say everybody is that and when you make a blanket statement like that, you do no justice for yourself or the culture… like I said, I say this because I’ve had a lot of years and a lot of experience and I do know I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for a white guy by the name of Bruce Gasarch who made this all happen for me as far as changing my life. That’s another story, and I easily could’ve judged everyone the same way after my situation — going to prison, being a kid who had never been in trouble before. First time being in the back of a police car, getting locked up and saying, ‘The system did me wrong. I hate everybody of that color.’ You know what I mean? And if I would’ve did that, I would’ve did myself an injustice more than anything and I think that’s the situation I wanna make clear here that the way he’s going about this, he’s doing himself an injustice and that’s my take on that and I’m gonna leave it at that.”
Quote:
Comicbook.com interviewed Jim Ross and asked him about CM Punk’s appearance at the conclusion of WWE Backstage. Ross said he was not surprised and shared that he was offered the co-hosting spot for Backstage along with Renee Young but had already committed to Tony Khan and All Elite Wrestling:

“[I wasn’t] big-time surprised. I thought [they’d get him when] they got the pay in line with what he’s looking for to work part-time. The other thing is that he doesn’t have to [be on WWE TV]. That’s my understanding, he won’t be going back to the WWE community at TV. He’ll be going to LA, very different deal. I was offered that opportunity. Not his opportunity, I was offered an opportunity to be on a show with Renee, but I already had already committed to Tony Khan and AEW. I’m not big on breaking my commitments or breaking my word… I’m glad to see him going back on TV. He’s got a lot to offer. He’s creative, he’s smart, he’s a great polarizing performer. He’s a great talent, one of the best talents I’ve ever been around. Would I have wanted him to work for us? Of course I would. We would love that too. But it wasn’t in the cards right now and it may never be in the cards.”
Quote:
According to Squared Circle Sirens, independent wrestler Karissa Rivera will be backstage at Friday Night SmackDown in Philadelphia.
Quote:
Adam Cole did a Q&A that the WWE on FOX Twitter account posted. During the Q&A, Adam Cole shared that Bobby Fish recently lost a tooth and Fish went to Britt Baker to get it fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
In an interview with Gary Cassidy of Sportskeeda, Page spoke about the current Raw superstar and believes McIntyre could succeed really well if WWE were to let him be himself. Page added that he doesn't believe that he has been portrayed as the "Scottish Psychopath" as he has been nicknamed as such.

"I think they just have to let him be himself, you know? With WWE, it's a lot of stories. Guys have different stories that they have to live out. Like, I never saw him as a psychopath. Do you know what I mean? A warrior? Okay, but psychopath? I never saw that. You know, so, I think that, in the big picture, they've just got to let him be himself, and sometimes it takes time," Page said.

Page shared examples of past wrestlers who have done tremendously well being themselves, namely "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Ted DiBiase.

"Look at Stone Cold Steve Austin. When he came in, when he was the Ringmaster, and he was working with Ted DiBiase, he was the same wrestler. He just wasn't the same guy. They had to let Steve be Steve, and eventually they did. And we know what happened," Page said.
Quote:
Raven is a fan of Pac, writing on Twitter, "Saw AEW last night & if you’re a young wrestler & u want to learn how to wrestle & do more than just high spots, @BASTARDPAC is who u should watch! He sells, he begs off.. he’s the most acrobatic guy there but he uses his acrobatics judiciously.
Plus, who doesn’t love a bastard?"
Quote:
WWE Survivor Series is "the one time a year where brands collide over brand supremacy." And though the Wild Card Rule has led to plenty of inter-brand matches this year, brand supremacy remains at stake when Raw, SmackDown, and NXT battle at Survivor Series on Nov. 24.

But Corey Graves wishes there was something larger on the line.

"I understand the battle for brand supremacy. But, does anybody in the WWE Universe, really identify with a particular brand?" wondered Graves on his After The Bell podcast. "The whole brand supremacy thing doesn't seem to matter to anybody outside the doors of WWE. We need some stakes. It's becoming like the NFL Pro Bowl. How about, which ever brand wins the most matches at Survivor Series, you reward them with something. Maybe the 30th spot in the Royal Rumble matches. Maybe [the winning brand] gets the main event spot at WrestleMania. Give the WWE Universe a reason to be excited for the entire pay-per-view. That way, one brand walks away with 'bragging rights,' which is the only reason we can give for why these guys are trying to fight each other and form these weird alliances, but something tangible to look forward to in the future."

Graves continued, addressing the title situation at Survivor Series as well.

"I don't think I'm the only one who thinks there are too many freakin' titles in WWE. Why not consolidate all of them? How much bigger would Survivor Series be if all these champion vs. champion vs. champion matches were winner take all? Then let the champion float (between brands)."

As of now, no extra stakes have been attached to Survivor Series.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote