View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 07:23 PM   #25
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
i've just finished the monarch quests. seriously love this game. parvati remains my constant companion, with the second slot going to either nyoka (standard fallback, she's good in combat, and her flavour convos with parvati are v sweet and pure) or whoever's quest i'm doing at a given moment. ellie and felix getting the least amount of play for me though. just haven't taken a shine to them like i have the other four

a few storyline/choice spoilers below

SPOILER: show
i went into this game fully expecting to just outright dismantle space capitalism but societal reform is never quick, so i've ended up compromising a bunch, which the game paints as being the "best"/"right" outcome, but i still feel kinda shitty about

like i ended up shutting off the power to the deserters on terra 2, but i also got rid of the shitty manager in edgewater, so adelaide and her people returned home. seemed better than shutting off power to the town and leaving the people to die, given how militantly anti-spacer's choice adelaide turned out to be (she wouldn't have given refuge to all the townspeople), and it also seemed better than shutting off power to the deserters and leaving old mate in charge

same story on monarch - ended up doing right by both msi (sanjar seems misguided but well-intentioned enough, and at least he still appears to care about reforms) and the iconoclasts, but i also deposed/killed graham because he was a religious loon and a murderer focused on spreading his message instead of feeding his people. so i managed to get msi and the iconoclasts to work together in the end

that's where i find the choices hard, though, because fundamentally i want to dismantle the corporations - but it's impossible to do that outright without hurting towns worth of innocent people.

also it would make parvati sad, so
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote