View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #143
Boondock Saint

Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)Boondock Saint is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Did you read the book first? What, briefly, was good/bad about the movie without being too in depth?
Nah, didn't read the book.

It's got good action and Wahlberg is Wahlberg. The plot is rather formulaic in the good guy is setup and sets out to clear his name etc. It's basically a run-of-the mill action/thriller, some laughs in it too. Danny Glover slurred his words a lot though, almost as if he's suffered a stroke. It was weird. The 3rd act suffers a bit. There's a scene where it appears the movie is going to end but it doesn't even though I think it would have been a fine ending.

There is some not-so-subtle "preaching" about our current administration, which annoyed me. I hate when movies try to slide that in there.

Overall, it's nothing worth rushing out to see. But it was a fun ride. I liked it better than Fuqua's last two films; King Arthur and Tears of the Sun.
Boondock Saint is offline   Reply With Quote