View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 05:27 AM   #335
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ya know the thing about trying to 'fit' these characters together... The magic in cross-overs (and especially Batman/Superman) is how wonderfully different they are from each other. Superman would be a wacky addition in the Nolan-verse, but that's the point. Bale trying to tell Routh how fucked up the human mind could be, and Routh condemning Batman's tactics is stuff of dialogue gold because... On one hand we experienced Superman's quest for good and how he's seen the best in people (Lois jumping in the water to save him, how the people cheered the rescue of the shuttle). On the other hand we've just recently seen some terrible human possibilities (Joker, Joker... Joker). With both movies displaying wildly different tones, them coming together as they are, is the story. I recommend John Byrne's Superman revision "Man of Steel", the issue where post-Crisis Supes first meets post-Crisis Bats (#4, I think). I also suggest the on-going Batman/Superman series that continually deals with their contrasts. Those works would greatly ease worries about how these guys could work in a film.

Now your idea about TDK occurring during Supes absence; awesome. Not that Superman's presence is in any way related to the Nolan-verse, but the dark events in TDK could be used to credit the idea of a world without Superman. The plight of Dent and Dawes, that only one could be saved realistically; would have been cupcake for Superman. But in a world without him we are subjected to monsters, where men need to dress up, break the law, and essentially frame themselves for murder just to create a false sense of hope in a city.

So if some alien demi-God in a red cape came to town after all that expecting a parade, you're not gonna shake his hand. You're not gonna talk about Leagues and shit, you're gonna find a chunk of meteor rock and put him in his place. That is comic-movie epicality waiting to happen (did I just make up a word?). Great idea.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote