View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 01:17 AM   #220
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
If it wasn't for OZ, HBO may never have dared put money into shows like The Sopranos and The Wire and if they had there's an argument to be made that they would have been neutered.

OZ might not be the greatest show ever made, but it's one of the most important with regards to the HBO boom and definitely a catalyst for increasing levels of graphic content in other programming.

It's as important to hard drama as anything is.
Watched the hell out of OZ and Spawn. And sometimes Arli$$. But mostly OZ and Spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
Started Lilyhammer, seems pretty fun so far.
I loved Lilyhammer.

And, speaking of context, similar to OZ with HBO, it was one of the first "exclusive" shows under the Netflix produciton banner for "original series" selections instead of just swiping premade collections that may or may not be currently running on other networks. It isn't perfect, but it was successful enough to encourage the tread into what would become the cultural juggernaut in House of Cards and go all in on that concept in the years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Thought the first two eps of carnival row sucked honestly but after that its very good
I'm leery at such a statement, only because people said the same thing about Hemlock Grove, and Christ, that was a harder watch for me than season 1 of Iron Fist. I couldn't get into it at all.

At a suggestion from a friend, I am going to attempt to watch In The Flesh. We'll see how that goes. I (usually) trust her judgment.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote