View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #2160
Jeritron
Get a poke on

Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jeritron makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Fly View Post
Not emo at all, but the whole nature of the story is centered around where humanity ends and machine begins in a world where cyborgs are an everyday thing, machines are self aware and people can even have their minds live on in a machine or on the internet despite their body being long dead.

If it's not Jeri's bag, he might not enjoy it at all. I do see why you recommend it to him, since it doesn't do the usual crazy hair/chargin ma lazer/trying to look hardass thing that a lot of well known animes are kind of notorious for. It's actually one of my favourite manga/anime franchises.
Yea, as I was saying in the other post it's not a content problem with me, it's a presentation thing.
I have no problems with a story like that. I love that stuff, really. I'm a huge science fiction fan and that sounds similar to lots of stories I love, from Harlan Ellison, to Philip K. Dick, and even Terminator or Matrix.

So if Ghost in a Shell is a great science fiction story, that's animated well and doesn't "overdo it" stylistically in the ways I dislike, I could very well love it.
I'll give it the old college try. Why not?
Jeritron is offline   Reply With Quote