View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 11:27 PM   #2013
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I don't care about the US Title at all.
I'm close to agreeing with you, but likely for vastly different reasons.

It seems kinda like a monkey's paw on Mox. On the one hand, it felt like they were trying to use him to make it a big deal and something worthwhile for whoever he dropped it to (maybe his protege/kidnap victim/illigitimate Japanese son, Shota) to defend it in the US branch they're so keen on launching; and it was poised to work with the right combination of timing, booking, and luck. On the other, you had exactly the opposite luck roll in right after with a combination of the airline snafu, his staph infection, and now pandemic travel restrictions keeping him from freely bouncing between AEW and NJPW as planned; and only one of those things could be argued to be his fault.

It can't be a valued prize if it's never seen, especially for months at a time. And even though I say this as a sarcastic joke, but almost not... I'm surprised they didn't find a way to strip him of it and "arbitrarily" put it on EVIL.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote