View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:44 AM   #82
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I dunno man, I've seen that complaint, but I didn't really have trouble following the action. It would be cool to see a daylight fight, but I imagine a big part of the reason is that it's much easier to hide CGI looking too much like CGI with a night setting.

Plus, I think they make up for it by combining the monsters effects with the night setting to create some amazing visuals. A lot of those incredible shots wouldn't look as good in the day.

The main negative I had was that it's not paced very well. I never felt tired of the human element in 2014, because of the previously mentioned slow burn. It's not executed as well here, and a couple times I found myself thinking "alright already lets get back to the monsters".

That said there's still plenty of monster action. A lot more than 2014, and it's fucking rad. Loved all their scenes. Also really appreciated the easter eggs and attention to the lore of the original series.

Kyle Chandler's character was terrible. He just annoyed me the whole film. A lot of the dialogue is cringy to be honest. Like, it feels like dialogue from Godzilla 1998. Except for Ken Watanabe. His scenes are all great.

But the positives far outweighed the negatives for me.

SPOILER: show
So, looks like Godzilla will be fighting Kong until the end where they have to team up to fight Mecha Ghidora.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote