View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 12:03 AM   #289
The Miz
Clutch Poster

The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The Miz has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
That's surprising because I heard he wanted more money on his extention but I think he's currently making around 7 mil.

Anyway, even though their outfield isn't horrible, it could be much better and it has no depth. Byrnes makes web gems every time he's out there but that doesn't make his defense not horrible. Weak arm, dives for balls he has no shot at, misses cutoffs, not sound fundamentally. The polar opposite of Mark Kotsay. There is like a 99% chance he will be gone next year anyway with Barton, Cust and (maybe) Ethier big-league ready next year.

Yeah you have 3 second baseman but they're all expendable. Ellis is just an okay hitter, Scutaro is just an okay fielder, and Ginter is the worst player in the history of mjaor league baseball. Not really, but he won't be on the team for long. Beane would not hesitate to unload Ellis for a reliever, considering you'd still have Scutaro and Quintanilla coming up soon.

The A's defense is excellent, and I think they will be a much stronger offensive team next year. I like them to win the West next year if Kotsay stays. If Kotsay goes they could be in last.