Thread: MMA Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #505
Next Big Thing

Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Next Big Thing has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
It would have been too corny and maybe overly produced. Especially with the inevitable storyline tie-ins that would come. J.R., since I know he's expressed interest in commentating MMA, would be obnoxious.

I think the UFC could borrow a few things from wrestling from a production value sense (e.g., a Zuffatron would be sick and maybe entrance videos tailored for each fighter on the main card), but I don't think Vince would connect with MMA fans as a promoter the same way Dana does.