Thread: NXT TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:45 PM   #33
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
The problem I have with this idea is it's just such meaningless, fetish, fantasy booking bullshit. Even IF it happens, in the long term, none of it would make a real difference or matter and there will be no long term benefit from it, and that's because ultimately WWE has an out of touch, if not incompetent, (currently) 74 year old in charge of the creative product.

Never mind that Vince has almost assuredly sold anyone who's (most) likely going to (be picked to) take over for him on his way of doing things going forward. Which amounts to, make things formulaic and systematized as much as possible, quantity over quality, and don't rock the boat or take any actual risks when and where it might make a difference, matter, or count.
I would normally agree with you, but I think NXT is going to try and count for something separately from WWE. That's what they need to do anyway, and their steps so far have been indicative of that. The people there seem locked (for the most part) to that show. It's no longer a feeder where Shayna goes up to the main roster and is booked 50/50 and to cut robot promos and then have a forced babyface turn that doesn't work and then become part of the scenery. That was the model, and it was awful. 100% agreed. But I don't think it's going to be that way now.

That being said, I did choose Shayna as an example and I actually think she is going to be called up at some point. But there are still months of stories they can tell with her.

Anyway, I completely understand why you're burnt out on WWE. I am the same. Main roster WWE is fucking awful and Vince McMahon displays symptoms of dementia and no one is going to call him on it and he has his finger on the button. But NXT has been a safe haven from that since the USA venture has begun. I mean, there are some silly tropes remaining, but for the most part, they are trying to be the boutique product they were posing as until recently.

I've admired a lot of Triple H's subtle moves, and I've been a huge critic of the "Triple H is wrestling's savior" narrative. I think a large part of his NXT initiative has been in his ego and presenting a product that is going to get over, at a certain level, with the internet audience. That being said, if his ego is going to drive him to work towards putting on proper pro-wrestling again, then I have hopes it could kick off and maybe, eventually, affect other aspects of WWE. Not wholesale, but at least in part. That is the only way WWE is going to get better, because AEW certainly isn't going to put the pressure on. The WWE has gotten away with being worse since they started.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote