View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 08:53 PM   #197
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WrestlingInc had a very good interview with Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso who mentioned WWE and AEW needs to enact a bubble like some sports have done if they want to avoid more outbreaks because of how mismanaged combating the virus has been in Florida.

Also AEW reportedly changed their testing procedures as a result of their recent outbreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
The Wrestling Inc. Daily podcast welcomed Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso on where he and Wrestling Inc. Managing Editor Nick Hausman chatted about the recent COVID-19 outbreaks in WWE and AEW. Wrestling Inc. has exclusively reported that AEW has changed their COVID testing procedures as more talent have tested positive. Barrasso commented on the recent news.

"Well, I think it's just a reflection of society. The virus is real," Barrasso said. "It's tough too. When you're not in that bubble setting, I think we've seen that in Major League Baseball, somehow we haven't seen it yet, it's still early, in the NFL, but I think the bubble scenario works so much better. It's not as feasible for pro wrestling. Pro wrestling is just too active.

"The NBA, we've seen the bubble work for a few months, but I mean for WWE or AEW, how would you sustain that? To me, it's not that surprising when you don't have the capability of the bubble, especially working out of Florida where it's been prevalent and not even at the shows. It's more so in terms of people have to live their lives outside of it too, and it's bound to happen when there's no bubble."

Hausman asked Barrasso if WWE and AEW should adopt the bubble concept that the NBA and NHL have done. Barrasso liked the idea noting that wrestling fans want the best for the wrestlers but notes that TV contracts could prevent that from happening.

"It's not a bad idea. I think in general, wrestling fans care about the talent they're watching," Barrasso noted. "So I think that if it meant we had to see a few episodes of taped content so you could go in the bubble, you can self isolate, you could make sure everyone can test and then you could air, you could film however many episodes, say you film eight episodes or ten episodes, I think the viewers would be understanding that the talent need to be safe too.

"Especially in the midst of a pandemic, I don't think it needs to be live every week. Now, it might be different with WWE with television contracts and FOX and NBC Universal, but I think that it's something to consider. The priority should always be the safety of the talent."
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote