Thread: Hardest Boss?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 11:14 PM   #76
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majunior View Post
The old Ninja Gaidens.

Umm, maybe this is just me, but back in the day I remember Geese Howard was a bitch to beat. Harder than Bison ever was. I distinctly remember the computer abusing the counter movess to everything I tried to do, and timing the double reppuken perfectly to eat my projectile and still send his wave my way if I tried fireballing him to death from relative safety.
(Here's me responding to a necro post in a bumped thread!)

Every Ninja Gaiden was fucking insane. The difference is that the XBOX era games were fully programmed to throw tons of enemies at you at once, while the NES had the perfect shitstorm of challenging platforming while [I don't remember what I actually had here, but it was more than just the word "be". Guess I inserted it out before posting and now it doesn't make grammatical sense- TG] the enemies that continually respawn at precarious points and hit you with that Castlevania knockback damage which usually sends you right into a fucking pit. And you're rewarded with having to fight 800 different forms of Jaquio at the end, even after that swerve on II where you believe the hype that Astos is the new big bad, and you kill his ass halfway through.

And as for Geese fucking Howard...

Actually, just SNK bosses in general. All broken, the lot of 'em. Ungodly long power bars, super fast, spamming of power moves (if you thought vs Guile in street fighter was bad with cranking out Flash Kicks instantly while *you* have to charge them, hoo boy...), and apparently some of the KoF/Fatal Fury games have had their last guy "button read", so he counters whatever you're doing to add to the hair-tearing assholery. If I had a nickel for every time Krauser chiseled my gravestone, I would have been a very rich kid.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote