View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 04:52 AM   #203
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I'm kinda with you here destor. Love this game and it is one of my 2 goty candidates rn, the other being horizon. But I feel these game could have used a bit more story development, with more meaningful sidequests. I like the themes they had for the dungeons....but they needed to be bigger and there needed to be at least twice as many. The great fairies should have had more to do with things as well and needed to be harder to find instead of just a gold sink. The dragons are the most epic thing in the world.....and are basically useless other than a few mins of cheesy farming tricks to max some gear out....

Keep the open world and the freedom....but make the story a bit more focused, a bit more linear. Flesh out the side characters and fairies more. Add some mystery and more involved sidequests. This game is great....but it was so very close to being THE ONE.
I think I really would have enjoyed it much less with those changes. I think when you make a compelling world to go out and explore, that's what I want to do in my open world games. With GTA, I usually end up getting bored with the story dumps, especially when it's in direct contrast to how I've been playing. Every thing bar the first few shrines being totally optional is my favourite thing in a game in a long time and giving it more direction might have hurt that for me.

All I need to know is that the princess is in trouble. Everything else is my story about how I did it and not some cutscenes.

I'm not against linear games. Yakuza 0, Nier and Persona 5 I've adored this year. But if you make an open world that's compelling and a joy to explore, it's going to be my favourite and I don't want anything taking me away from being out in it.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote