View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 02:52 AM   #63
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
On paper, this could be an awesome Mania. I feel dirty saying that, because the product has been predictably dull for years, and I don’t want to make it sound like my hopes are up. But this is more about my anger at the current landscape.

* Ronda Rousey is a star. Becky is over with the audience. This could have been presented like Austin/Tyson if Tyson were actually going to work and put Austin over.

* Brock is a star. They beat into your head that you shouldn’t care about him because he doesn’t care. His history with Seth goes back to the Mania 31 main event where Seth screwed him out of the belt. Now he has grown and is risking his health to do it the right way. Amazing story with years of inherent build. Nope.

* Kofi has caught relative fire, and that proves how easy it is to build someone when you have them wrestle impressively and win. He is a stooge waiting for Vince outside his office. He’s not even really feuding with the guy he is going to face. His issues are with Vince.

* Roman beat fucking cancer and is coming back a triumphant hero.

* Kurt freakin’ Angle is having a farewell match.

* Orton vs. Styles has been put into the back pocket and has two diametrically opposes wrestlers clashing.

* Cena vs. Joe probably isn’t happening. They have so much history. Started in the business together. One was treated like the golden boy and the other had to scrape and claw for everything.

* Batista is a star and has been giving some awesome performances as a heel, but Triple H needs to act too cool for school.

* Rey vs. Andrade have been tearing it down and could be having a match with stakes.

* Charlotte could have protested Becky being in the Rumble, and as runner-up gone into a rematch of one of the best matches on the card last year against Asuka. Would have been fucking fine.

If that were the entire card, WrestleMania 35 could have been an all-time classic show. You could have stars coming out of it. Keep Mania for your elite stories. If you don’t make the card? Work harder to get over. Is being thrown into a nothing match that fatigues everything, where someone has to lose and your audience realizes they don’t care about that to your benefit? Don’t be such a mark.

But I don’t care. They have fucked up every single one of their stories except Styles vs. Orton so far, and you can’t have one good story in the middle save a product where everything else is cut down. I don’t understand how they fuck this up so much.
Wait, Batista is gonna be at Mania?
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote