View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 05:37 PM   #11
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wasn’t terribly impressed by the presentation. Don’t get me wrong, the game itself looks great but NetherRealm is once again pussyfooting around the roster reveal. With the game only a couple months away, all the characters have to be mostly finished at this point. Don’t have to go in depth on all of them but show something, even if it’s just a render. But instead we just got a handful, and they just played the same moves and fatalities several times. Like, it was just revealed and I already feel like I need a break from seeing scarlet’s fatality again.

Again though, the game itself looks good so whatever. I don’t expect the animation to ever change that much. Love it or hate it, I don’t think they’ll ever drastically change it. That said, the animation does look a bit smoother, so that’s something. Felt like hits in general packed more impact. More oomph, if you will. Outside of the classic uppercut that’s something that’s always felt like a weak point in comparison to say street fighter and tekken where even normals feel satisfying.

I like how x-rays have been shortened and spread out into the move set (meterburn specials? It wasn’t totally clear) and replaced by a more traditional “super”.

Story already looks more interesting than MK X. New character is cool.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote