View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 10:01 PM   #644
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw set yet another all-time modern low outside of football season last night with 2.16 million viewers.

The show only beat episodes this past New Year's Eve and Christmas Eve for the record-low mark. What's really scary is this was a nine percent drop from the record non-football season low of 2.37 million viewers that was set last week ...

For a year-to-year comparison, the NBA playoffs were down 18.3 percent from the same week last year, while Raw was down 29.4 percent, the biggest drop from the previous year when you compare two shows that weren't specials (such as a year after a very highly rated nostalgia show).

The audience under the age of 35 was almost identical to last year, and over 50 was down, but not an unusual amount. It was the 35-49 audience that collapsed from last week, although even based on not including that demo it would have done a record low number.

The three hours were:
8 p.m. 2.34 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.24 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.90 million viewers
Quote:
Michael James Nelson (NBC’s Off Their Rockers) and Andrea Kail (TruTV’s Comedy Knockouts) have been added to WWE’s creative team, PWInsider reports.
Quote:
Rey Mysterio made his debut 30 years ago today. He wrote on Twitter: On this day at the age of 14 I made my debut and it’s a very special day in Mexico “ Día del niño” “Day of the Kid” if I had the opportunity to [relive] these 30 yrs I would do it all over again. Thank you to all my fans!! Much love and respect!”.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Do you know where the NXT Takeover will be taking place? I noticed they haven't announced the June card yet.

It will take place in San Jose, CA. We covered it when Triple H announced it on the conference call. They have plenty of time to get the card out there.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
4/29 THIS DAY IN HISTORY:
* 1995 - Collision in Korea. The largest crowd to attend a professional wrestling event ever assembles in Pyongyang, North Korea for the second New Japan Pro Wrestling event held in Pyongyang Stadium as part of the World Peace Festival. The show drew a crowd of 190,000, shattering the record of 150,000 from the previous day.

* 1999 - UPN broadcast a special titled WWE Smackdown!, which doubled as a pilot for a second weekly two hour series for WWF. Scoring a 5.8 rating, the show would go to series in August 1999 and Smackdown has run consecutively since, eventually moving to the CW Network, MyNetworkTV and finally onto cable television on SyFy.

4/30 THIS DAY IN HISTORY:
* 1977 - Superstar Billy Graham defeats Bruno Sammartino for the WWWF World Heavyweight Title in Baltimore, Maryland, ending Bruno's second run with the title.

* 2006 - WWE held their Backlash PPV.
Vince & Shane McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels & God.
Winner: Vince & Shane McMahon
Quote:
The story going around about an NXT Money in the Bank match at the next PPV was a fake.

The story from Fightful.com going around that The Revival turned down five-year contracts for $500,000 apiece per year is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 4/27 Crockett Cup event had 1,100-1,200 paid and 1,400 in the building total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Superstar Billy Graham has a Go Fund Me campaign set up for assistance with upcoming hip surgery. Graham says he needs a total hip revision, which is a $100,000 surgery, which Medicaid only covers ¾ of. Graham is hopeful of raising the extra $25,000. He has been on crutches for the last 18 months to keep his body weight off the left hip and has prevented him from traveling.
Link for those interested in donating: https://www.gofundme.com/superstarbg

Quote:
Lilian Garcia has joined the Professional Fighters League as an in-cage announcer.

Garcia signing with the mixed martial arts promotion was announced during her appearance on Ariel Helwani's MMA Show today. Garcia noted that she'll still be able to make special appearances for WWE as long as they don't conflict with the 10 shows that the PFL has this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
During the most recent edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer stated that Lance Archer has a position in New Japan Pro Wrestling to push ticket sales for the company's shows in North America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Brock Lesnar has decided not to return to MMA, according to ESPN's Ariel Helwani. The Beast is now retired from the sport.

UFC President Dana White told Helwani today that Lesnar has informed the company that he does not plan on fighting in the Octagon again.

Lesnar had been rumored for a summer 2019 fight against UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier. That fight will not happen as Lesnar told White last week that he is retired from the sport.

"He told me he's done, he's retired," White told ESPN. "We're going to move in another direction with Cormier."

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote