View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #8646
mitch_h

mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)mitch_h got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
The Karate Kid - I had never seen this movie before, so it didn't have that glow of nostalgia while watching it but it was good I guess. Ralph Macchio is actually a good actor, very natural, and likeable as New Jersey wop. Little bit corny, but I still liked it, a little bit long though.

The Karate Kid Part 2 - Daniel Larusso and Mr Miyagi go to Okinawa! Surprisingly well shot with a nice score,it almost would have felt like an art-house movie if not for scenes of a scrawny teenager karate chopping blocks of ice in a crowded bar. Plot is a bit shit, and it's almost comical the way Mr Miyagi's old rival (now successful business man) keeps showing up and challenging Mr Miyagi to a fight. Stuff about honour and saving a village and then there is a big storm. The ending goes off the rails with the business man's nephew zip lining into a dance and challenging Daniel to a fight to the death! I still liked it, a little bit long though.

Battle of Algiers - This was a re watch. One of my favourite movies of all time. The film is over 50 years old and it's still the best movie dealing with Western powers fighting guerrilla forces (terrorists). You would think some contemporary filmmaker would apply this movies style to a more modern conflict like Iraq or something. Great movie.
mitch_h is offline   Reply With Quote