View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #313
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Angle View Post
Ok so are PS3's worth buying?
I currrently only use my 360 and the Wii/DS on the rare occasion.

Are there any major games which are just awesome and worth buying a PS3 for?
Don't buy for BD, first off. You can get a BD player that's better for so cheap now. I got mine for BD, but that was when the cheapest player was the PS3.

Whether it's worth it depends on what games you play, for the life of me I can't remember a single title you've played. I only like a couple of the retail titles, namely GoW3 and the Uncharteds. I keep meaning to play Ratchet and Clank, but I haven't, so they could be awesome or suck nuts. But like, I don't like FPS, so the Resistences are out, as is MAG for me. From what I can tell, MAG was pretty terrible for a "major exclusive" anyway. And I hate the Metal Gear titles, because I'm not a mentally retarded 14 year old who mistakes bad writing for "intrigue" or clichés for "character depth," and I'm also not a girl writing slash. And Heavy Rain is probably just best avoided unless you're the fan of DVD novels.

And while that's similar to the sort of answer Figgy and Kal gave, it's detailed enough so it should be BDC Approved.

there's also PSN titles, and I have a few of those. I enjoy Mushroom Wars, which is sort of a RTS lite. Anarchy Club Racing is good, considering it's a budget title, and Savage Moon is a good Tower Defense title. Super Stardust HD is a good twin stick shooter, Burn, Zombie Burn is a fun one as well, and it involves lighting zombies on fire.

XBLA is still my preferred stop for all things digital, but it doesn't have some of the titles I want. I wouldn't buy the game for PSN titles, but it does help.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote