View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #125
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm definitely in the minority here but I honestly thought it was a huge disappointment and the story was hot garbage. Gameplay was good. Midgar lost a lot of its charm and I got the biggest kick out of the stupid giant robot hand randomly being turned into a dungeon gimmick rather than anything else. Wall market sucked. The story beats fell flat. Too much Sephiroth and forcing his backstory in way too early. Forgettable (apparently invincible) NPCs straight out of FFXV. Zero stakes. The way they handled the plate destruction was just straight bullshit. The fake out with Barrett was stupid. The plot armour destiny ghosts were dumb as fuck. Seeing the monsters with clear designs instead of collections of geometric shapes was nice. Not really anticipating part two. I'd rather replay the original than do this one again.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote