View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 12:29 AM   #14
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Pfft, if only I could play something like this with my siblings.

I've told this story before but I'll regale you all with it again in case someone's hearing it for the first time. My experience with this game other than the tons of ads for it in my GamePro magazines was first year in college. My roommate had played it in the arcades if I recall and he decided, for whatever fucking reason, to track it down and play it on his PlayStation. He managed to find it and rent it on a Friday and he asked me to be his wingman and we basically marathoned the fuck out of that sucker that whole weekend. We did the hunt for the rune stones and everything. I was the Valkyrie and he was the Archer and, no shock, he did way better than I. I had never done a gaming session like that up to that point, but, hey, that's the brilliance of college. Nothing like lack of adult supervision to get away with shit you never would have before.
Yeah, the story was what drew me in too. Chasing down all the main 12 runestones and then needing a 13th one to either battle or defeat Skorne. I remember it as the only beatable arcade game that I ever cared enough to actually sink time and money into doing so. If I hadn’t signed up for the US Army fresh out of high school in the summer of ’99 (I was focusing all my senior year on just passing all my classes and uncharacteristically devoted next to no time on video games for about 9½-10 months so I would be sure to graduate HS), I might’ve well gotten a copy of it on N⁶⁴ and played the fuck out of it all over again.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote