View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 10:04 AM   #2687
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'd give it a solid 8. I've been playing it on PS4 and it would be higher but I'm a graphics/tech whore and it isn't the prettiest game with it being originally designed with Vita in mind. Not ugly by any means, but the graphics are pretty generic in most cases, with a few standout moments here and there. Also didn't really care for a couple of the features, most notably the 'tower defense' missions that occasionally pop up, and a type of related side mission where you have to 'control' dungeons you previously cleared. I'm not even sure they are required, but the game makes you feel like they are.

Story, setting, and gameplay are all there, though. There are a few cliché RPG moments here and there, but at this point I don't even think you can avoid that happening altogether in games. Everything has been done at some point, you know what I mean? I didn't have faith in an isolated island setting being the greatest either, but they proved me wrong with the design and variety of areas (which seem samey at the beginning of the game, but quickly change once you move out of the opening areas). Gameplay is where it is at though. Love the combat. Way better on harder difficulties though as they basically force you to use some of the more nuanced features of the combat that you can get by without for the most part on lower difficulty. Timing and strategy become extremely important when you crank it up. Especially timing.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote