View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 12:27 AM   #26
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
For more traditional cult followings, movies like Donnie Dark, Dark City and The Goonies are ones that come to mind.
Man, Donnie Darko fits the premise to a T. I didn't even *know* this movie existed until I worked in a video store, and it was like the quintessential "hipster" flick, before hipsters were even a thing.

I say Clue. That movie apparently got absolutely shit on when it was in theatres, and it's one of my favorite flicks ever. It did so much with so little, and the multiple ending gimmick was ahead of it's time, made even better by the home video final edit, where it just strung them together. I didn't know any of that. I just thought it was fun, and one of the first movies I had seen where a good portion of that fun was catching the dialogue. In hindsight, it was kinda like training wheels for later appreciating something like MST3K.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote