View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #515
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
I'm criticising the game, matey, that's what the thread is for. I'm heartily pro-fun which is why I'd like the combat to be a little more nuanced than just twatting each other and hoping you have enough potions to win. For a game with such a teeming world, I feel like sloppy aspects of gameplay let down all that hard work, it's unsatisfying.

Stealthing around is good but obviously that is better in Fallout since you can pop someone's head from miles away with a sniper rifle.
You can still sneak around bandit dens and the like and use a bow and arrow to kill enemies...it's actually been a very common tactic for me to employ, and works great if you take the perk that grants 3.0x damage for sneak archery attacks, the perk which allows you to zoom in with the LT (on X360), and both levels of the perk that slows time when you zoom in. Sure you can't blow people's heads off their bodies, but that's OK.

For the record I wouldn't change the combat one bit if there was a TES VI game down the road. There's really nothing they could do to improve it over it was now, since they've basically cut out the "all characters in the game start at the same level as you and level up with you so they're harder to fight at higher levels" BS that was present in Morrowind and Oblivion.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote