Thread: The Boys
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 12:02 AM   #39
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
It has an ending and it’s an awesome twist, though developments in the show kind of contradict it.

BIG TIME SPOILER FROM THE COMIC
SPOILER: show
In the comic Homelander has no recollection of raping Becka because it was actually Black Noir. But here he doesn’t seem confused at all and seemingly did do it. Which begs the question what their plans are for Black Noir.
So far, seems like background comedy foil until some serious shit goes down. He did go all Snake-Eyes when he needed to, but then you have other shit like with the piano player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
MORE BIG TIME COMIC SPOILERS SERIOUSLY BIGGEST PLOT TWIST OF THE ENTIRE SERIES HERE

Black Noir puts on Homelanders suit before he does it. He also takes a bunch of pictures of himself slaughtering an entire family, and eating their baby. As fucked up as the show is, the comic is really vile. Anyway the fact is, Black Noir is a stronger clone of Homelander whose entire purpose is to be a killswitch for Homelander if Vought American ever feels it's within their best interest to off him. Supposedly they used their experience of raising homelander to better control Noir. But they still didn't get it quite right because the guy obviously goes insane. Because his entire purpose of existance is to kill Homelander and it's looking like it's never going to happen. So he does a whole bunch of awful horrid shit while wearing homelander's costume to try and trigger Vought into giving him the order.

So the footage of Homelander entering the room with Becka makes sense because it could still be Noir. What doesn't make sense is the actual Homelander reacting like it was him. If it was Noir, he should be confused and have no recollection of the encounter. I dunno we'll see where they go with it.
Having not read the comic, I'm guessing:
that was the idea they were going for with the kid... raise him in secret with the "love" that Homelander never got in the lab, and hopefully he will be Plan B in another decade or so when or after John went off the rails, which the doc sounded like he was suspect of being an inevitability. Homelander was never supposed to find out about the baby until it was too late to stop him or at least not have any sort of formative influence in that kid's life. But now that he knows, we get wacky hi-jinx for additional seasons and the added bonus of significantly less baby eating.

You say Starlight is what Captain Marvel should have been; I say this is the douchebag Injustice Superman we deserved to get in the movies instead of wasting effort in edited mustaches.

Unrelated to anything mentioned in the thread: I wonder how many times Billy Zane is going to pop up? Also, he's another guy who doesn't age along with Karl Urban. Throw them in a Highlander reboot with Paul Rudd.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote