View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:55 PM   #2115
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Yes Noid. She's an intersex. Just like about .05-.07% of the population.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inte...lation_figures

Perhaps you'd like to read, as well.
I’m not saying she’s intersex. And what do population figures have to do with anything? Transgender people are something like 0.6% of the population. Should we also just pretend they don’t exist or cite them being a rarity to ignore their existence if someone was talking about the gender binary? Should something being rare mark it as impossible? The rarity of DSDs are discussed in that article, so I can tell you didn’t read it. And, to re-stress, I am not saying Nyla is a case of that. I am just saying that biological sex is more complex than “penis = male.” Lots of stuff can go on, even if it isn’t likely.

And I’ve never said that #1-wwf-fan was probably wrong. I’m saying that to say she was categorically, definitively, concretely, authoritatively male is a declarative statement that I wouldn’t make. It is *probably* true. But #fan didn’t say “probably.” He said “scientifically.” It’s just that fucking word. #fan wasn’t doing this, but people use it to justify their bullshit all the time. “Oh, there are only two genders. It’s scientific.” No one here is doing that specific shitty thing (thank fuck), but it fucking pisses me off. They start with their hypothesis as a conclusion and then just say “science” as their methodology. Nah, fuck you.

If biological sex were as simple as “penis = male” scientists wouldn’t have to study for eight fucking years or whatever to get the qualifications to ask more questions about these things. I’ll let my friends in the medical field know that Damien Rey 2.0 has made their jobs redundant because intersex people are rare and if you’re transgender it means that you used to definitively be the other thing. Thanks for fixing that.

And the thing is, we don’t even know that Nyla was born with a penis. We don’t know the details of her identity or her formative journey. Maybe there’s a doco on her I missed? Even so, there are definite arguments to be made that how she exists now is proof in itself that she was never *scientifically* a he. Trans women are women, and I’d say that doesn’t start at the date of surgery. It goes way back through time, memory, experience and development.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote