View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:44 PM   #67
LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid
Okay, I was thinking about mentioning this as its something I was sort of thinking about when bored the other day, but it's actually come up, so that's cool:

I was actually thinking that it would benefit the WWE with these television deals to make use of the network access. SmackDown is going to one, but doing things like Saturday Night's Main Event was back in the day could be a great way to get people in that just wouldn't check out other WWE things, or not have the chance to.

This got me thinking that instead of doing SNME, they should just put Survivor Series on NBC or something. In my perfect little fantasy scenario, they got Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement and wrestle Samoa Joe on it as something landmark and special, but whatever. It'd be interesting to know what a major show would get on NBC or something like that.

I didn't think they would do it with all the major shows, but I think their PPVs that aren't really PPVs and don't have that intrinsic value would be more useful pimped out to networks. I still think the Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and probably SummerSlam should be traditional PPVs, or things that you need to purchase through the Network at least, but building up free-to-air TV specials that people give a shit about (hopefully) could be a great tool.

It also forces you to work within timing parameters again, which is a skill you don't really want to lose as a company, and creates shows that are going to be a lot more digestible as your WWE Network Specials continue to suck wind and kill crowds.
Ace scenario! Making RR, WM and SS available through the Network is a good idea as people will definitely subscribe for those shows. I think WWE will learn how to maximize their time w/ these new deals.
LibSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote