View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:15 AM   #60099
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
I’m pretty sure the investors want money. Which is made by producing a compelling product. Which is also what fans want.

Still not seeing the disconnect.
Another issue is some investors may see a problem with the content where there was none. The result there is stuff like the post Nexus debut chaos firing* of Daniel Bryan after Justin Roberts sold being choked with his own necktie like a goddamn champ. It was upsetting to a boardroom, so they had to apologize for what they had obviously planned to do and fire* DB for what was (at the time) the most interesting angle formed in a good long while.

Fans thought it was great, but it was "too far" for some suit(s).

*I will always asterisk this, because I think it was done in paperwork form only. They had to make it look legit. He got fired with a wink and a nod and a handshake agreement that after the incident blew over, he was "rehired". I believe he was thanked for his discretion on the matter with that initial US title run on his "return".
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote