View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:24 PM   #108
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla View Post
I was watching the Royal Rumble with one of my roommates and his girlfriend, and they were mostly making fun of it. It was a lot more fun than talking about how the booking was stupid and how Vince is out of touch or whatever.
I've watched the show with other people where we've done the same thing and there's some merit to what you're saying. Unfortunately, RAW is a weekly 3 hour show on a Monday and you can't always have your friends over to rip the shit out of it.

Also, wrestling's quality can go far beyond "cheesy show my friends hate-watch with me."

It can actually just be good and not the fucking worst thing ever.

Again, I watch house shows from 1984 where the in-ring quality is horrendous and I'm 100% sure most people here would hate it. Yet I love it. So I just don't think your point holds any weight. More just seems like you're propping yourself up on a pedestal for being better at watching wrestling than other people (surprise, surprise).

Not liking the current state of wrestling doesn't have to do with other people not liking it. It has to do with the fact that it sucks.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote