View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 10:52 PM   #658
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
At February's ticket announcement party, it was announced that CIMA would be teaming with two partners from Oriental Wrestling Entertainment in a six-man tag match against SoCal Uncensored at AEW Double or Nothing.

That was followed up on today, with it being revealed that CIMA, T-Hawk & El Lindaman will be facing SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) at Double or Nothing. The show is taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 25.
Quote:
New Japan teased a newcomer in a video today, with the idea he'll be a future opponent of Juice Robinson for the U.S. title. The guy had a Union Jack on his outfit if that's supposed to be a part of it.
Quote:
Dixie Carter was in Stamford being taped for future network or DVD documentaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Willie Mack has signed a new deal with Impact Wrestling, according to WrestlingInc.com. This comes on the heels of Rich Swann signing a new deal with the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor parent company Sinclair Broadcast Group issued the following:

SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP TO ACQUIRE 21 REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORKS FROM DISNEY AT A VALUATION OF $10.6 BILLION

BALTIMORE, MD and BURBANK, CA (May 3, 2019) -- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI) (“Sinclair” or the “Company”) and The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) (“Disney”) today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Sinclair will acquire the equity interests in 21 Regional Sports Networks (the “RSNs”) and Fox College Sports, which were acquired by Disney in its acquisition of Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. (“21st Century Fox”).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Where has Big Show been? I know they announced he signed a new deal but then he was with the Bar and then he disappeared! What's up with this guy?

Big Show is still under contract to the company and has been doing some community outreach appearances for them. He had taken some time off to film a recurring role for the Syfy series Happy in New York City and will likely pop up when creative has something for him.

Any chance of CM Punk working AEW Double or Nothing as a surprise?

Punk is currently booked to do commentary on an MMA show that night. If he's there, he won't be in Vegas.

Rich Swann announced yesterday he was going to sign a new Impact deal. Are their deals guaranteed money like WWE at this point?

It's possible some of them are, but most of the deals we have heard of only provide a certain pay scale per booking with no guarantee of dates. Some of the main event talents might get guarantees, but the vast majority of the roster gets paid by the booking and the contract locked in their exclusivity with Impact to prevent them from going to WWE.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
MLW's return to Philadelphia has been pushed back again and will not take place until 2020.

Rich Swann's new Impact Wrestling deal will not likely impact (pun intended) his MLW appearances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE Hall of Famer Booker T weighed in on Sasha's frustrations on a recent episode of his Hall of Fame podcast.

"There are those ones like Sasha Banks, who has all that talent and rises up to that top level and gets there and then realizes that it is not what she thought it was going to be because the reason is that it is not all about you. It is never going to be about you," said Booker. "One of the reasons why I am still here today is I never really cared about what the script was. Give it to me and let me go out and get it done. If it was something that I didn’t disagree with, I was going to go out there and get it done. If I had disagreed with it, I would have said, 'Hey, I don’t agree with this. Let’s change this because I am not doing it this way.' Then they would change it, and that is the way business was always been done with me. I can’t say that with everybody, but with me, that was how it was done. I never looked at (wrestling) as anything but entertainment. I never looked at it like it was anything but storylines. Sasha Banks has had a lot of success. How many women get in the business that never win?"

Booker went on to compare Sasha to Ember Moon, who works hard, isn't in a top spot, yet doesn't complain about her position.

Booker continued, "Sasha Banks has had more life-changing moments than so many that have walked into this business. She is made. She can do anything she wants as far as this business goes from what she has gotten from this business. So, I don’t understand it. I don’t understand a lot of this stuff that goes on these days. We are in a totally different world right now as far as the wrestling business goes. Hey man, for me, it was all about the money and taking care of my family. Create moments and memories along the way be able to touch people to change their lives."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE has posted a teaser for the feud between The Revival and The Usos continuing on Monday's RAW from the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The interesting part of the teaser is a line about a potential change for the team of Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder. WWE wrote, "In other words, this could be the beginning of a whole new Revival or the first humiliation of many. The choice is up to them."

Going into this week's RAW, it was reported that The Revival had turned down new 5 year contracts, worth $500,000 per year. We've noted how Dawson and Wilder requested their releases back in January after being unhappy with how they were used
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Sasha Banks was set to compete in the upcoming women's Money In the Bank Ladder Match, but she was pulled from the show due to her ongoing issues with WWE.

Banks was replaced in the match by Dana Brooke, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The match at the May 19 WWE Money In the Bank pay-per-view will feature Brooke, Natalya, Alexa Bliss, Naomi, Mandy Rose, Bayley, Carmella and Ember Moon.

Banks was originally earmarked for the match but she has not agreed to return to work for the company after recently requesting her release.

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote