View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #217
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
What a fucking movie. Jesus. I'll put up a detailed review in the movie thread. But it's been 2 days and I'm still processing everything. I'll say it's about as perfect a sequel as I think they could've made.

I agree with Kalyx. I think Cap just lived out his life, and at some point jumped back into his original timeline once his life with Peggy came to an end. The Russos are better off not explaining it.

Professor Hulk was great. Clearly not the savage, unbridled monster Hulk can be. So I wonder if we see more of him or of his merger of consciousness was his own little sendoff. Regardless he was fun and I loved both his initialembarrassment of watching himself in the first Avengers and having to "gratuitously" smash about when he goes searching for Strange.

Tony's ark is fucking glorious. As soon as he mentioned he already got his 2nd chance, I knew this was it for him. I thought he and Cap might be both bite the dust, but once Cap found himself in Peggy's office, you could almost feel the wheels in his head turning. Make it out of this and use the Pym particles to come back and get that dance.

Tony getting his moment with his dad, the moments with his daughter, and of course his demise where he couldn't even utter a word, with Potts telling him it's ok to finally rest now, all amazing, fitting and deserved moments for the guy who started it all. I loved his last line being "I am Ironman".

Was pleasantly surprised with how big a contributor Scott was. Not gonna lie, I teared up a lot in this movie. But seeing him realize he'd lost 5 yrs and seeing Cassie grown up got me. The dad in me couldn't bare the idea of missing out on 5 yrs of time with my daughter.

I want a Ronin mini series. What a fucking bad ass. I've never been a big Black Widow fan, but her self sacrifice was devastating. Especially with Clint telling her "please, no". Great stuff.

My biggest takeaway and surprise was how they treated Thanos. I sure as shit didn't expect him to just sit back and retire. He looked like his will to live had vanished. He completed his life mission and was now ready to just let whatever happens, happen.

Then we get 2014 Thanos. Who is a fucking monster. Infinity Wars Thanos seemed very calm, calculated and focused on one goal. Whereas 2014 Thanos was much more vicious. He mentioned it was never personal until now. You could see that with how he fought. He was aiming to kill instead of trying to get people out of his way.

Spider-Man has a knack for creating emotional scenes. His first interaction and last interaction with Stark are so damn good. It does seem his entire cast was seemingly snapped judging by his ending, so I'm interested in how they go about that.

All in all, I can see there being a few gripes with the tricky time travel. But damn what a movie. Can't see how they could've done any better. It was emotionally exhausting and its sense of finality was something I'd say no other Marvel movie had. Excited for the future but honestly if this had been it, it was a perfect ending
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote