Thread: 100,002 Replies
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #441
Krow
The Enigma

Krow is pretty cool (5,000+)Krow is pretty cool (5,000+)Krow is pretty cool (5,000+)Krow is pretty cool (5,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iginfest View Post
Battlestar Galactica prequel/Caprica sequel series, Blood & Chrome, will finally be aired online from Friday.

http://blastr.com/2012/11/release-date-epic-trailer.php
Eh. I'm pretty content with the reimagined BSG as it is. After seeing some of the cast at Dragon*Con and listening to their experiences dealing with the story, script, and RDM's idea for the series, I think it was perfect for its time, and could only have been pulled off during the time in which it was done. The social commentary and weaving at-the-time-current events into the plot served not only as a great launching pad for a show, but also got people talking about things that were ACTUALLY RELEVANT in a way that could avoid fisticuffs. Hooray, allegory!

Now, tacking on another backstory element through a series seems arbitrary. When put up against the emotional depth of the reimagined series, would a full chronicle of the First Cylon War pull its weight, or just muddle up the canon?
SPOILER: show
I mean, you'll have to throw Tigh in there for sure somewhere, right? Not to mention the others, if only to give a nod to the future events in BSG.

Maybe that's too much speculation, and I should just accept the webisodes/eventual telecast of the pilot for what it is, and enjoy another frakking foray into the canon. I just can't get excited about a prequel anymore. I wonder why?

Also, this is all before I've watched the first part.
Krow is offline   Reply With Quote