View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #211
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As I just said, I only saw highlights, but here are my thoughts:

* Opening with R-Truth shows how much they trust him. I think this highlights many issues with the company.

* Good god is the dance break stuff awful. Random dancing is one of my pet peeves in all forms of entertainment. It's not funny to dance. Fuck off.

* Stupid Raw vs. SmackDown stuff no one cares about, completely blown off with "comedy" and "just having fun." Fuck you.

* I like Bryan's tights. Apparently they're the Seahawk colors? The action looked good. I don't like Bryan and Styles losing to anyone right now, but I guess the "real team" winning is good for them. Whatever. I kind of resent the cliched "partner hits the other dude" spot now because they do it so much (didn't it happen on Raw?). And no one really wants to boo either man. They did it about as well as anybody these days though.

* I gave my thoughts on the Evolution segment. I wasn't sure if they'd build to Batista/Triple H and if they did how that would fit into my expectations of Mania. It managed to do both.

* Fucking WWE still trying to make Becky a bad girl. Fuck you and fuck off.

* Good for Sheamus & Cesaro winning their 19th Tag Team Title. It's hard to care about Big Show being involved with them, but it's not offensive either. It's probably a safe spot for him. When Sheamus & Cesaro came over to SmackDown, I thought it would be great for them, because they could be "big fish" on that show given their singles pasts and they could do main event tags and the like. Nope. But now it makes sense to move them into a program against The New Day and eventually The Usos (who I expect to take the belts). That could be the WrestleMania match. The match came off as "really good."

* Rey Mysterio and Shinsuke Nakamura seemed like they had a good match too. I caught a glimpse of an "intro" for Nakamura. Do they always do that? Makes him feel like a big deal. Also, getting to the main event this show, as little as this show really was, shows that the company is not as cold on him as people say. I'm fairly certain Vince is a fan and my other WrestleMania "crazy" theory is that Nakamura is in the WWE Title match come that show. I think the US Title is just a way to keep him buoyant and build a resume while they wait to see if he signs a new contract so they can push him and it not be within the last year of his first cycle while his family adjusts to US life. As soon as that ink is dry you'll see him move back into the main event picture.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote