View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #1618
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I like that the mission structure is dynamic, vehicles are finite, and that the item spawns are random. Makes it more than just "run to x house and get the bazooka" demigoding (although you can exploit the hell out of the modern pickup truck if you have a decent homebase). But, it also means you can easily get boned by not finding any good weapons or guns for quite awhile... or getting a decent gun but barely any ammo, or a ton of ammo, but not finding the right calibur gun to even use them.

My main complaint, however, is the fatigue and sleep deprivation. I mean, I get what they were trying to do, (not having one person, say Marcus, do EVERYTHING even though he is the Chrissy in this Friday the 13th) and it's a cool concept on paper... but only being able to do like 2 missions then having to go all the way back home and swap with someone who can't carry as much weight when the game arbirarily decides they're sleepy is a pain in the ass. Especially early on, when you don't have many "friends", and you're stuck with like a 3 man rotation (Marcus, Maya, random 3rd recruit). If they're all tired/hurt, you're kinda fucked.

Also, the fact that the Y button does EVERYTHING has fucked me over as well. I've had countless times where I'm trying to stealth kill, and end up going "HEY, OVER HERE!" and been ripped apart by the Big 'Un because I was trying to close a door to stop a flood of perpetual spawning zeds I was too tired to fight off looking for that damned watch, and ended up spin kicking out the doorway and getting grabbed.

I had scav'd some reall kick-ass shotguns and a decent ammount of large backpacks that game, too. Tragic.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote