View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:25 PM   #39296
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dave has said that he thinks the Network subscriber numbers are low, because the WWE is offering three months to lapsed subscribers for $1.99. That this is coming around the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, where interests will naturally be piqued, is what as Meltzer speculating.

Frankly, I'm glad. I canceled by sub last year when Jinder Mahal won the WWE Title. When you tell me that nothing in your history matters like that, I am going to follow suit. I wasn't watching the PPVs anyway, because they couldn't grip me. Easiest decision to cut back on. The WWE wants 8+ hours a week out of me (Raw, SmackDown, NXT, 205 Live and Main Event) on weeks when they don't run PPVs. If you're going to ask for that sort of investment from me, you better be worth the money I could have made working. And to then ask for more money on top of that? Heading into the Royal Rumble, I am not enthused. I'm anticipating a show with a cold Royal Rumble Winner (either Roman Reigns again or Shinsuke Nakamura, who my fandom has been beat out of). I also know I am getting two Royal Rumbles in an era where the Rumble has not been a very good match. I'm seeing a Handicap Match for the WWE Title with two mid-carders challenging, and a Universal Title match with a green lug that looks like someone fused Eugene and Kurrgan and Kane in 2018. Triple H still wrestles and usually wins.

I hope more and more people decide to stop paying $300 to see Billy Gunn beat up fresh talent and pay $9.99 to see more episodic content in a show that they tell you doesn't matter.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote