View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #15
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I have no doubt Vince will give him what he needs. There's no way he's having Styles go back to New Japan in the wake of an MSG show and put over the main New Japan guys. He's also way too tied up in marketing (on the cover of the latest video game which is going to be in stores way past when this contract expires). AJ's age, the significance of the work he's put in, and his respect in the locker-room means that Vince won't be a stubborn prick about it. He might not care about AJ's body of work outside WWE, but he's not going to run him into the ground like he might some other talent that have only been there for three years.

The big concern about giving him a part-time contract is that it blows up his system if he gives a talent what they want, all the others are going to want it. But AJ is north of 40 and started last century. I think he's a different case, and I don't think you'd see a revolt in the locker-room because of it. But the next cycle for guys like Dolph Ziggler, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura and the like would then be interesting. But none of those three have been WWE Champion for north of a year and is depended on to carry shows and keep fans in with promise of a dark match.

But Vince can get all sorts of crazy shit in his mind, lol. If he decides "god damn it, pal" and won't come to the table, weird stuff could happen. I don't think it will, but it could.
The real difference with AJ over Finn, Dolph, Shin, ect is that none of them are "Vince's Guy". I know that is an unexpected thing, but for whatever reason Vince decided AJ is one of his top guys, something he has thought about very few people over the years.

AJ will get whatever deal he wants like Cena, Orton, Taker, or HBK.

Leaner gets it because he went and did good in UFC, not because he was Vinces guy. It's why Lesnar left the first time, and why WWE tried to use him for it.

Aside from the above 4 I mentioned, I think the only other ones who have that kind of pull to carve their own deal besides AJ would be Daniel Bryan and Jeff Hardy.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote