View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #2906
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: June 4, 2040

We open with the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, the Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody addressing his recent issues with Jordan Demiras. He reiterates that what happened at Judgment Day wasn't Hotbody's fault. The circumstances just lined up so that fate wasn't in the favor of a loser like Jordan Demiras even with his desire to engage in pelvic sorcery with the boss. He still refuses to face Demiras until proper respect is given and Demiras shows legitimate remorse over what he did last week. He also demands that his record be replaced!

Lisa Benton comes out to engage in a dialogue and wants to make sure she understands everything that Hotbody is claiming. "So let me get something straight. Michael; you had nothing to do with what Zed Jones did to Jordan Demiras?"

"That's right."

"It was a complete accident then?"

"Yes."

"And you just happened to get the win on accident and become the champion through no fault of your own?"

"Yes, thank you. Finally, you're getting it!"

"So, really what you're saying is that you don't actually deserve to be the Cruiserweight Champion?"

Hotbody is taken back by this and stammers through his response. "NO! That's not I'm saying. Don't twist my words! I am the REAL AND TOTALLY LEGIT WWE Cruiserweight Champion! Don't try your mental gymnastics on me!"

"Well it seems to me if you were deserving of the title you'd have no problem facing any real challenge, no?"

"Hey, I don't need this! In fact, I'll defend my title tonight! I'll do one of those open challenge things later tonight! I'll show you and I'll show Jordan Demiras! Then you can both finally get out of my hair and go back to swapping spit with each other!"

Benton has heard enough and proceeds to slap the taste out of Hotbody's mouth. The champion rolls out of the ring grabbing his face in pain and retreats to the back in a fury.

Backstage, Drakken is walking through the halls when HUGO decides he's found his next victim and brutalizes the Wasteland member all over the hallway.

First Match: Hannah McCormick and Bobbi Jo vs. Sarah Moore and Lauren Franklyn
Hannah declares that she's still peeved and that regardless of the outcome of next week's Iron Woman match, she's challenging the winner. This is some excellent women's action and further evidence that a tag division is probably a good idea. McCormick uses her heelery ways to score a cheap pin on Sarah Moore. ****1/2, 89% overall.

Backstage, Butch Fleming meets up with Quentin McDaniels. They have their differences, sure, but Carmichael and Haven are both pains the ass that need to be dealt with. They apparently still haven't learned their lesson and it'll be the pleasure of Fleming and McDaniels to knock them down a peg.

We get a video package hyping up the Iron Woman Match for next week between Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle. This is mainly focused on Jenna and the training she's going through to prepare. As familiar as she is with Faith she still can't truly predict what's in store next week. Faith adapts because it's in her nature so Jenna can't afford to let her guard down. This will be one the defining moments in Jenna's career.

Second Match: WWE Cruiserweight Title
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody (c) vs. Patrick Dean Quartermaine
Quartermaine answers the challenge because why not? Of course, Hotbody has no intention of actually being serious here and just opts for a bullshit countout win after sending Quartermaine over the railing and quickly running back to the ring to beat the count. Afterwards, Hotbody declares that now he doesn't have to defend his belt for another thirty days! He's going home to relax and Demiras can go suck an egg for all he cares! Not surprisingly Demiras runs in to get him some and Hotbody bails before things get too rough. *****, 95% overall.

Third Match: Seth Von Kamp vs. Clubber Harris
Harris might be reaching the end of his usefulness. Von Kamp keeps up his winning ways here regardless and picks up the pin after the Collapse of Society. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, Aphrodite is with her client Caleb Greene and they both want to express their disappointment in the betrayal of Lonny Richards. Greene isn't finished with his former friend and is looking forward to round two.

Fourth Match: Nigel Gallagher and The British Infection vs. Jerome McDougal and the Millennium Rebels
These guys work really well together and I might as well continue their feuding. Nigel continues to come into his own here and manages to lead his team to victory after pinning Dangerson after a Union Smack. ****1/4, 88% overall.

Fifth Match: Kerry Cemenko vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns
More guys who have tremendous chemistry. This all about Reigns looking good but Cemenko's comeback is smashed to pieces as Xavier Cross runs in for a DQ. Kyle Jacobs runs down fueled by what went down on SmackDown! and gets him some of Reigns. *****, 95% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
The Future Foundation (c) vs. The Play Pals
The Play Pals finally get their shot here with no other teams in the way. It's a classic tag team affair with Gavin Jones playing face-in-peril. The end comes when the champions' fellow stablemate, Salvatore Scabbia decides to show some comradery by helping Hilton score a cheap pin on Haywood to retain the titles. The Play Pals have their own fellow stablemate in Ryan Pattillo and he runs down to even the odds. He and Scabbia stare each other down as Brooke orders Scabbia to back down as we go off the air. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 88%
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote