View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 09:27 PM   #920
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
SmackDown ratings were down three percent this week, with the show averaging 2.088 million viewers on Tuesday night. That tied the August 6 episode for the lowest number this month.

The show retained the usual 83 percent of Raw's audience. Year-over-year, SmackDown was down 11 percent from the same week in 2018.
Quote:
Owens tweeted out an explanation for why he didn’t go after the 24/7 title: “I have a family. I have 3 dogs and 3 cats. I have responsibilities. I can’t worry about being rolled up by some dude while I’m dropping my kids off at school or enjoying a lovely night out with my wife. Congrats @WWEMaverick, though. Have fun with all of that.”
Quote:
Toni Storm spoke to Sportskeeda about the shoulder issue she dealt with prior to UK TakeOver: Cardiff: “But yeah, I did have a little bit of an issue with my shoulder and I just needed to take a break because there's so much at stake. I'm going into the biggest match of my career so far. My biggest title defence since being champion. So I just have to actually take care of myself for a few weeks leading into this. I can't take any risks at the moment because what we do to our bodies can be so dangerous so I'm basically just getting myself in proper condition because there's so much at stake."
Quote:
The semifinals and finals of ROH’s number one contender’s tournament will take place at Glory By Honor in New Orleans on October 12. The tournament will begin at next month’s Death Before Dishonor PPV and post-PPV TV tapings, with the winner getting a World title shot at Final Battle. The participants for the tournament will be revealed tomorrow and Friday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
On Tuesday's episode of WWE SmackDown, Bayley defeated Lacey Evans in singles competition. Evans is on the Raw brand, but came over to SmackDown as part of the muddy Wild Card Rule. After the match, Cathy Kelley spoke with Bayley, congratulating her on her victory over the Raw superstar.

"That's just it...Raw's Lacey Evans. Nothing against Lacey, that was a hell of a match from her. But, I'm tired of wrestling the girls from Raw," stated Bayley. "It's nothing against them, the division is stacked, they are great athletes and amazing superstars...on Raw. I'm the SmackDown Women's Champion. I want to compete against women from SmackDown. The Carmellas, Zelina Vegas, Kairi Sanes, that would be so cool. What about the real Liv Morgan? Where's she at? I would love to have a match with Liv. I want to prove Charlotte wrong when she says I'm not elevating the championship or this division. It's because I don't get a chance to. Give me that chance. I need that chance. I'm going to show Charlotte how far I'm willing to go at Clash of Champions."
Quote:
According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer, NJPW has not contacted Kenny Omega for future dates. Omega's AEW contract allows him to take dates with NJPW.
Quote:
PWInsider reports that Heavy Machinery's Tucker has received praise backstage.
Quote:
Don't expect Bret Hart in AEW anytime soon.

At AEW Double or Nothing on May 25, Bret Hart unveiled the AEW World Championship for the first-time ever. All Elite Wrestling reportedly wanted Ric Flair to handle the honors, but Flair's health issues at the time wouldn't allow him to travel to Las Vegas.

Speaking on the Ariel Helwani MMA Show, Hart discussed his appearance for AEW and whether he will have a role in the company moving forward.

"It was convenient the first time. I'm a big fan of the promotion, and I like a lot of the wrestlers that are there, and I think it's good for the industry if there's another wrestling company besides WWE. At the same time, it was a one-time thing, mostly because I was in the area. But I do have a lot of fondness for what they're trying to do, and I support them. I hope they become a real big wrestling company in the next year."
Quote:
The special TMPT Feature Episode #12 welcomed in ECW Original, the Homicidal, Suicidal, and Genocidal, Sabu ...

Time in WWE during the ECW reboot:

“Well, they lied to me. They said they were going to keep Sabu the way he was and push it the way ECW was and keep it in the small venues and all that stuff which I agreed with because I didn't want to do the big venues. I like the more intimate venues where the people think they are special and part of the assembly line but anyways I wasn't happy there. First couple of months was okay but they slowly wanted to completely change what they said and they went from liking Sabu to not liking Sabu and I could feel it."

"It just looked like WWE with different lettering, the ECW lettering. It was the same show and no different. There was no extreme to it, no hardcore to it and we couldn't even have the ECW Extreme Rules match every night. We had them every other night. Some nights we'd go to house shows and not one extreme match."

"I was afraid people were thinking we were lazy or something but we were being told that we couldn't break a table and could not do this and could not do that. Before I could say, could I do it? Before it they would say well you can do that tomorrow so instead of me doing stuff and saying I couldn't do it anymore they'd stop me before I could even do it."

Was WWE’s ECW set up to fail?

"I don't think they tried to kill ECW, they were just trying to show that WWE style is stronger I guess. I don't know, I don't think they were trying to kill it because why would Vince spend the money on it to try and kill something? He could've killed it by not using it again."

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote