View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 04:13 PM   #472
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLegend View Post
But it's possible she had some training at a young age and her memory was wiped or she had just forgotten since it was so long ago.

Then all of this starts happening it causes "muscle memory" which is why she able to do these things.
I can accept the 'amnesiac badass' archetype, it's been done may times before. The thing is, you can't wait til the middle of the movie to play with that. You have to pepper in subtle clues from the start. Something as simple as her sensing those bandits were about to steal the droid. It could be waved off on first viewing as her just having good awareness, and on second viewing it becomes a brilliant call-forward.

They didn't do this, which means a) Her character traits were written as they went along or b) She was always that badass, and they really didn't know how to express that without her coming off OP. But sure, I can buy her being trained and not knowing it. She could have even been one of Luke's first students.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporate CockSnogger View Post
And every other time she did something heroic... Err.. The force did it.
This reminds me: Han telling Finn that the Force isn't some cure-all was brilliant.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote