View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:59 AM   #39
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Are the majority of live audiences shitting on the product or is it just a select few?

If they're not actively shitting on them, they are wanting to go entertained and things either barely get there or leave people underwhelmed in the sense that they are either nonplussed or it triggers memories of being more entertained and kind of leaves an itch that they hope to scratch next time. There's a general malaise about things. Whenever someone comes out and says "This is program is crap" people cheer.

Are the wrestlers being pushed big money makers for the company?

No. I mean, not comparatively. No one is a massive draw and while some guys move merch, that's because when people go to these things, they're probably going to buy someone's t-shirt.

Does the average viewer enjoy Roman Reigns?

I can't imagine why they would. He's not very charismatic in the role, looks shit, is often booked like shit, cuts boring/shit promos and his matches are always bogged down by the emotional response to them. He was never embraced as the top guy by the fans like Cena initially was. There's nothing to hook people. The only reason they could possibly like him is despite the crowd reactions.

What direction would you personally like to see the company go in? Which wrestlers do you want to see receive pushes?

I'd like to see them go back to the fundamentals of pro-wrestling. Heat, feuds, psychology, selling, promos, etc. Not "they like to have fun" or "they don't like to have fun," guys having a series of matches for no real reason, choreographed spot-fests, nothing matters, scripts, etc. I'm honestly not sure who I'd like to see pushed right now, because it's all this gentrified mess. There are guys I really love -- AJ, Joe, Bryan, Nakamura, Harper, Cesaro, Cena when he's there -- but I just can't envision what the direction would be now.

If they're getting Rock in, Reigns vs. Rock at Mania is the right direction. For now. But that's very short-term. But everyone else is on their card. How things flesh out underneath that is kind of up in the air.

I do want to see them do Nakamura vs. Bryan at Mania. I think there is a way to return both guys to a hot spot with that. I want to see Cena vs. Joe. I would like to see Luke Harper take out Sheamus to set-up a feud with parnter-avenger Cesaro. But that last one isn't going to change the business. They've got Ronda -- I want them to bring in Shayna to feud with that "fame-hoarding bitch" to set up something between them. It'd be a hot semi-main on the Rock's WrestleMania. I just don't really know how you get anyone into true position in this climate.

What does everybody need?

Head! And a time machine!
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote