View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 09:32 PM   #504
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Newsletter
Michael Elgin is no longer with the promotion. His contract expired on 3/31 and he didn’t renew the deal. Those at New Japan said it was his decision and the door is open to him if he would want to return. There has also been prelim talk with him and WWE, which, if something comes of that, would make sense both that he’s been quiet since they don’t want you talking about it and also that he’d leave. Little has been done with him since he lost the Never title, and he is also looking at going somewhere else in Japan.
Quote:
AAA is even holding a press conference on 4/4 at 11:30 a.m. in Madison Square Garden to announce a date, tentatively set for 10/15. AAA is hoping for AEW involvement in some form on that show since the companies have a working agreement,. As of right now there is no deal in place and AEW right now has no plans to send talent to work the show.
Quote:
It looks like Penta 0M & King Phoenix (Fenix) won’t be back in CMLL. They were last scheduled for El Homenaje a Dos Leyendas, announced, and then pulled from the show. They canceled future dates and according to one source felt that they were expecting a raise and given a run around, and felt disrespected since they had clearly helped business. It’s notable that they and L.A. Park were the ones who were the keys in last year’s big business increase and right now Park is no longer working Arena Mexico (although is working CMLL Monday night shows in Puebla) and the other two are done. Crowds have also been down for the last two weeks since the big show on 3/15. There has been talk for some time that Pentagon & Fenix will work exclusively in Mexico for AAA. AAA has been trying to get them to sign a full-time exclusive deal which will mean AAA and whoever does business with AAA, like AEW.
Quote:
Conrad Thompson’s Starrcast announced Kurt Angle, Cris Cyborg, Psicosis, Ted DiBiase, Tatsumi Fujinami and Brutus Beefcake. Evidently the advance sales for this have been through the roof because the expense of guys like Angle, Undertaker, Sting, Flair and Bret Hart, and the cost of Caesar’s Palace to run it, the break-even was multiple times what Chicago was and we’re told from a financial standpoint they are already a success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE NXT traditionally films a TV episode prior to Takeover. Should they do that this Friday, it will be the brand's 500th TV episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE applied for two 'RKO' trademarks. One for clothing purposes and the other for toy merchandising purposes.

WrestleAmerica's application for a 'Doc Gallows' trademark has been given an initial refusal because it sounds similar to WWE's 'Luke Gallows' trademark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has reported that the ankle injury to Rey Mysterio is legitimate stemming from the match with Baron Corbin on Raw. Mysterio was pulled from his scheduled match with Andrade on Tuesday with the injury cited as the reason. Andrade ended up working in an 18-person tag while Mysterio did not appear on the show. Mysterio posted a video where he flipped down and landed awkwardly on his feet. He has said he is hopeful of being fine in time for WrestleMania this Sunday for his match with Samoa Joe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Tony Schiavone is back in the wrestling world and all over the place, with podcasts, Patreon, announcing gigs and live shows. But don't expect to see him back on MLW programming any time soon.

The legendary WCW announcer had picked up some Major League Wrestling duties as a part of their broadcast booth. However, with MLW moving to Saturday nights on BeIn Sports, Schiavone doesn't envision himself being back with the company this year.

"I still stay in touch with Court (Bauer). Our show is still on MLW Radio. Court a couple of weeks ago sent me an email two weeks ago saying 'are there any dates in 2019 where we can use you?' I said it didn't look like it. There was one day in June I thought I could, but I can't. If it's baseball season and it's a home series, I can get somebody to sub for me. When football starts, Friday and Saturday are taken out. Basketball season -- Fridays and Saturdays are out. I'm, under contract to them, but I don't see where I'm going to be able to do anything with them until 2020 at the earliest. I really enjoy the guys and the kids and really had fun doing it," said Schiavone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A new WWE Hall of Fame statue will be unveiled at WrestleMania Axxess tomorrow night. WWE noted that Ric Flair, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, and Brutus Beefcake will be in attendance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE Network News reported that the WrestleMania II, III, and IV press conferences, a Papa Shango vs. Tito Santana dark match from WrestleMania IX, and what seems to be two unaired Superstars segments will be tomorrow’s additions to the Network’s Hidden Gems section.
Link: https://www.wwenetworknews.com/2019/...atch-and-more/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE will be inducting more names into the Legacy Wing of the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania 35 weekend.

Some of the names going into the Legacy Wing this year include Wahoo MacDaniel, Luna Vachon, "Playboy" Buddy Rose and Jim Barnett, according to @Wrestlevotes.

The Legacy Wing was launched in 2016 to honor wrestlers from the early years of professional wrestling. The inductees are usually honored posthumously with a video package at the annual induction ceremony.
Quote:
There will be various changes to WWE when the FOX deal goes through in this fall. This is especially true when it comes to touring.

According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, SmackDown talent will be doing a Thursday through Sunday road schedule once it starts on FOX. The second night of the road schedule will be live TV. The four-show per week road schedule has been a WWE tradition for years.

SmackDown currently tours from Saturday through Tuesday, while RAW tours from Friday to Monday with both tours ending with their respective television tapings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
The Usos have signed new contracts with WWE, according to PWInsider. The new deal was reportedly signed several weeks ago.

The new contracts are for five years and include a pay raise, Pro Wrestling Sheet added.

Their contracts had been set to expire at the end of the month and their WWE future was up in the air. Pro Wrestling Sheet added that they had been weighing their options for weeks and there was interest from AEW.
Quote:
Lars Sullivan is reportedly returning "imminently" to WWE, according to Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. While there is no timetable for his return, it was noted that it would likely be "sooner than later."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPWW Frontpage via Triple A
The next planned WWE show in Saudi Arabia has been rescheduled from May 3 to June 7, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The reason for the move was said to be for “logistical purposes.”

WWE didn’t schedule any shows from April 30 until May 5 because of the originally planned Saudi trip, so wrestlers will now likely have that time off unless WWE immediately books new house shows and arenas with such short notice.
Quote:
Regarding rumors on The Undertaker working WWE's return to Saudi Arabia, The Observer notes that Taker was contacted and had agreed to return on the May 3 show. WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar was also scheduled for that show. There's no word yet on if they will still work the show with it being moved to June.

Quick notes:
* Observer Newsletter got released a day earlier than usual due to Mania Week and Meltzer traveling to New York and New Jersey for shows.
* Probably not going to post any more sheets reports for the week since I'll be busy watching wrestling shows around the same time I normally do this stuff on Thursday and Friday.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote