View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 08:43 PM   #122
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bunch of stuff from the sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that WWE will be adding the following Hidden Gems to the streaming service:
* AWA 09/13/1981 – Billy Robinson vs. Ray Stevens.
* Championship Wrestling from Florida 09/13/1981 – Les Thornton vs. Jerry Brisco for World Junior Championship.
* Stampede Wrestling 10/09/1981 – The Hart Brothers & Davey Boy Smith vs. J.R. Foley’s Army.
* NXT Live Event 06/08/2017 – Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews for WWE UK Championship.
Link: https://www.wwenetworknews.com/2019/...work-tomorrow/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Lana tweeted the following:

Today is a life changing day for @RusevBUL and I. We are welcoming a new family member into the Rusev Day & Lana Day family !
— Lana Day (@LanaWWE) January 9, 2019
Link: https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/1083105938725314561

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWWF Champion Superstar Billy Graham, 75 years old, was taken to the emergency room yesterday and was hospitalized as he is battling pneumonia. The hope was that he would be released and sent home, but we have not confirmed that to yet be the case.

Graham, who was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2004, has dealt with a number of health issues in recent years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Brandi Rhodes clarified her statement regarding equal pay for the female competitors at All Elite Wrestling with a statement posted on Wednesday:

Equal pay means equal opportunity regardless of sex. It does not mean that everyone will be paid the exact same salary regardless of their position. It means the gender pay gap does not apply. An entry level woman won’t make less than an entry level man because of her gender.
For some reference, WWE used to pay women more in NXT as part of covering for makeup and other expenses but supposedly swung the balance back to men recently who now get paid a lot more for entry level and standard contracts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestlng
Lars Sullivan was originally slated to work a dark match at Monday’s Raw and was replaced by EC3, who defeated Curt Hawkins on the show. Then, Sullivan was scheduled for a dark match at Tuesday’s SmackDown taping and didn’t wrestle the match on that show either. We cannot confirm what the reason was, but Mike Johnson of PWinsider.com did report that Sullivan was backstage in Orlando on Monday during the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
New Japan president Harold Meij posted a lengthy statement on the health of New Japan Pro Wrestling considering the recent departures. The following portions of the statement were translated on Twitter by New Japan announcer Chris Charlton:

Talent will come & go. That’s life. Half of Japanese people have had more than one occupation. More overseas. There are different life stages, priorities change. What counts is that while here, ppl shine as bright as possible & produce the best product possible for us. Our job as a business in New Japan is to make sure our wrestlers are not spending their life worrying about ticket sales, living expense, feeding their family, or injury. They need to be able to focus on the ring. I often see talk along the lines of “since Meij came in, they’re only looking at international, they don’t care about Japan.” That couldn’t be more wrong. New Japan has gotten to the stage that the world has taken notice of it and we can do these things abroad. I’m not pushing the company international; if anything it’s the other way round. I’m doing my job as a professional to fulfill very strong demand. I didn’t get this job because I’m foreign. International business is one string to my bow. There’s a lot more I can do, and a lot more I have to do in Japan. I have done, and am doing a lot, more than you can see, to increase revenue. This is a Japanese company. I want to bring that Japanese excellence, that New Japan ism, as is, unchanged, to fans in Japan and all over the world. For now, don’t worry. Enjoy the ride. Enjoy Fantasticamania.
Link: https://sp.njpw.jp/freediary/harold-george-meij36

According to Dave Meltzer, this week's Observer Newsletter will be delayed by about a day due to scheduling issues.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote