View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 11:55 PM   #130
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They’ve got a bunch of guys they can push. Like, they have their “Three Kings.” Omega was a really good fit, but it also felt like he was kind of in this eye of the needle phase and could have used some time away so people would miss him. It’s probably somewhere in between — I think western audiences overvalue him, but that also says something about what western audiences are into.

I’m personally not hooked on New Japan. I gave WK a go, and the stuff I saw didn’t do it for me. I don’t think that’s hurt by the All Elite guys going though. I feel like they need something “hot.” One new star or one major angle. Personally, I’d push Sanada and make 2019 his meteoric rise. It seems equal parts shocking but acceptable.

Either that or I’d just have Suzuki eat everyone. The whole ZSJ angle seems like it’s designed to push him, but imagine if it led to a Hank Shrader moment for Suzuki where he anticipates it destroys ZSJ like he was two assassins. Thanks, kid, now I’ve remembered how dangerous I really am.

Naito also seems to have international cred. Refocusing on him could be cool. If the belt went from Tanahashi to Suzuki to Naito (it takes a bastard to beat a bastard), I would be fine.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote