View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 03:57 AM   #43245
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
How much do you think the size of many of today's heels hurts general interest in the product? I just watched the clip of Owens and Strowman from Raw. Psychologically, it just doesn't compute to me. Character-wise, I get that Owens is a shit. But what sort of threat is he? Strowman doesn't look good beating him up and Owens doesn't look great looking like a cowardly piece of shit. The narrative from the storytelling ignores all these elements. It treats everybody like they're the same size (except for when Braun needs to be called a "MONSTER!"), and everyone works like weight classes aren't a thing.

Bobby Lashley and Sami Zayn are another example. Zayn is great at talking and he's incredible in the ring, and yes, he makes a great obnoxious jerk. But how is him working with Bobby Lashley convincingly believable? Every time these big-ass dudes go on the defensive covering up from these heels who hit all their shit on them, I wonder if Joe Average in Alabama is sitting at home going "What the fuck is this shit?"

It reminds me of those video games from DC, where the Green Arrow can somehow hang in there and hit 8-hit combos on Superman or some shit.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote