View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 10:00 AM   #50
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I’d be completely okay with the new World Title being used to elevate someone new entirely. Even someone like a Bron Breakker or my outside pick…Apollo Crews. Is being plugged into mid-card stuff going to do that much for them? When someone has got the tools, you might as well present them as a big deal (as long as you are committed to them).

A guy like Crews has a great look, an interesting background, can work, is quite young and isn’t completely useless as a talker. He’s done the mid-card thing, he’s worked with a bunch of the guys coming up, he can play a face or a heel. There’s no real “hunger” for it, but that could be a shock that jolts people into paying attention.

You can tie it into him getting advice from Roman at some point too.

I think the problem you are going to face with the belt is the new champion feeling less than, especially if they’ve lost to Roman in a big way already. While establishing the champion, maybe they should be an unknown quantity, so you can play with the idea that this guy could hypothetically be the spoiler for Roman Reigns down the line. Someone fresh also allows you to pivot off a bunch of stories with the talent on that roster who have likely already mixed in the upper levels. What’s Seth going to do as champion? Feud with Bobby Lashley?

Montez Ford, Dominik Mysterio, Chad Gable and Damian Priest are other names I’ll throw out there for the spot.

From the existing main event roster, I can see the path forward with Cody (this isn’t good enough for me), Edge (I finally made it again) or even a miracle return from John Cena or Randy Orton. I can kind of get behind Bobby Lashley too. Or Logan Paul if his new deal allows it. But I think a good pick would be Sami Zayn, especially if they can get it done in Saudi Arabia, because the “feel good” can carry it through.

Seth and Drew are bad picks imo. They’re just not hot enough in the spot and it feels like it’s been done. I know Seth’s thing is that Roman hasn’t beaten him properly, but it still feels a little flat. I’m fine with him as the other guy in the decider.

If the belt is truly around to stay, Cody is a mistake too. And they also need to come up with fresh stories around it that don’t revolve around The Bloodline and what they’re doing.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote