View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #45509
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
According to the Observer, WWE is currently interested in signing Hangman Page and have recently sent him an offer but he turned it down for the time being.

Also another recent rumor going around the net teases at WWE preparing another major raid of the indies with the goal to have it done by January. Goal would be to wreck ROH and other indies plans for next year's series of Mania weekend shows.
I'm not sure if he's had a birthday since, but last time I checked, Hangman Page was only 27 years old. He could do a lot more time in Japan and ROH to really bolster his skills and cred with fans. I think he would be wise to take the William Regal tap and do more work elsewhere before he becomes WWE Gentrified.

Cody Rhodes is kind of the figurehead of the indy lifestyle right now. For him to go back too soon would kind of piss that away a bit. He's better off working in New Japan, hopefully putting something in place that isn't there. That extra gear that gets thing to a main event level. He can take guys "under his wing" (kayfabe) and put them into position where other indy guys leave and go "north" (if that's still an expression you can use).

The interesting two parties are Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. With Omega, he's cache is probably at the highest now. If he bails out before the Garden show, then Vince is going to go ga-ga for him. They won't push him "mega-hard" right away, because they don't want to blow up their structure and reward guys working opposite them, but if he "turns coat" (even if it's just him taking a job when his contract expires), I can see him being in a great position for climbing. More of an initial Kevin Owens position and less of a Neville position, if that makes sense. I could see Vince actually doing the Styles vs. Omega match at Mania if Omega signs. But if he does another year, works the Garden and whatever else, by the time he gets to his contract expiring, he runs the risk of being a guy who was hot a year ago, two years ago, etc.

The Young Bucks are at a stage where they could get cache by signing now too. I think they have more to lose, in the sense that they have gotten themselves over as "other," so if they jump, they instantly lose that appeal. But Young Bucks fans are surely not the brightest sparks, so you can easily return to the indies after flopping and say "We were too hot for mainstream!" and they will piss their pants. So in a weird sort of way, the time might be right for them now. They've still got The New Day together, they've got a potential retirement match against The Hardys. If they wait too long, the anticipation might crush them when they are just another team coming in.

For the record: I don't think any of them sign. I don't think they're as smart as people think, but I think it will have more to do with loyalty to this ethos they have created. But if I were in their shoes, and I'm a dude who was really hoping Bryan would leave WWE, I think they should give the timing right now a good hard think.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote