View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #1146
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night did 2.15 million viewers, a three percent drop from last week, largely because of a lower first hour.

The show maintained its audience better than usual with an 11.5 percent drop in viewers from hour one to hour three ...

One year ago, Raw did 2.19 million viewers, which at the time was the lowest non-holiday number for the show in modern history ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.26 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.20 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.00 million viewers
Quote:
People Magazine interviewed Ronda Rousey, who said the door is open to a WWE return but is focused on her family right now: “Right now, I think my family needs my undivided attention. I’m happy to give them that. But I’m trying to figure out a way or a system or somehow that I could give both my family and WWE the best of me and not be half ass in both.”
Quote:
The jobber from last night’s Erick Rowan squash on Raw was Tracer X, who also appeared on this past Friday’s episode of 205 Live, losing to Tony Nese.
Quote:
Tokyo Sports announced their annual awards today. Kazuchika Okada took the top honor of MVP of the Year for the fourth time, previously winning in 2012, 2013 and 2015. Antonio Inoki holds the record with six wins. The winners of this year’s awards are:

MVP: Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)
Best Bout: Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA from NJPW King of Pro Wrestling
Best Tag Team: Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa (AJPW)
Outstanding Performance: Kento Miyahara (AJPW)
Technique: Kota Ibushi (NJPW)
Rookie: Strong Machine J (Dragon Gate)
Women: Mayu Iwatami (Stardom)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSERVER
MLW has rescheduled their return to Chicago. Originally set for February 29, they will instead run on April 18 at the Cicero Stadium in Chicago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was announced this afternoon that an International Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame has been formed and approved by the New York State Board of Regents with plans for a physical location and annual Hall of Fame ceremony and more to be announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Vanity Fair is reporting FOX News personality Britt McHenry filed a sexual-harassment complaint against George Murdoch, the former WWE and Impact Wrestling star known as Brodus Clay andTyrus, among others, including the FOX News Network, Fox Entertainment Group, Fox Corp, News Corp, Fox Nation head John Finley, Fox Nation executive producer Jennifer Rauchet and FOX human resources executive Monica Mekeel over the lewd text messages she alleges she received while she and Murdoch were co-hosting FOX News' Un-PC. PWInsider.com is working to acquire a copy of the lawsuit, which was filed today in the Southern District of New York.

The story first came to light this past June when The Daily Beast in Great Britain reported that Tyrus had been removed from the series and later followed up with accusations that Tyrus had allegedly sexually harassed McHenry. The Beast’s report alleged that Tyrus, “on multiple occasions, sent her unwanted and unsolicited text messages with lewd, sexual comments.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On yesterday's Being the Elite, it was noted that the audio issues on last week's AEW Dynamite was due to a TNT Network satellite issue. The audio issues did not take place on broadcasts beyond TNT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Aubrey Edwards is taking on a new role in AEW as she announced she has signed on to be a project coordinator outside the ring.
Quote:
At a WWE Live event on December 8 in Daytona Beach, Florida, an incident occurred with Sami Zayn and a fan at ringside.

While ringside for a match inside of a steel cage that featured Shinsuke Nakamura, who was wrestling "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt, a fan who was sitting front row allegedly started hurling repeated homophobic slurs in Sami Zayn's direction.

Sami became irate with this audience member and footage captured him saying, "get him out of my fucking face, homophobic moron." When the fan persisted to be confrontational, Sami would say, "say it louder for everyone, homophobic dick.”

The fan was also ejected from ringside.
Link with tweets of the incident: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/s...ide-live-event

Quote:
Less than 24 hours after CMLL held its weekly show at Arena Puebla in Mexico, armed assailants reportedly stole all of the money that the even generate at the live gate.

Several Hispanic publications are reporting that the live gate from the December 9 show was stolen by three armed assailants at around 1 p.m. local time. The assailants reportedly went to the venue to ask about information before threatening employees. The reports did not mention an exact number for the entire live gate, but it is estimated that around 230,000 Mexican pesos, which converts to roughly $11,940 was stolen.
Quote:
Trevor Murdoch responds to someone on Twitter who said they lost interest in the NWA after Jim Cornette's recent resignation.

"Well then you weren’t a fan to begin with. Cornette’s not the one taking the bumps. Cornette’s not the one putting on the show for you. Myself and about 30 other people work hard to give you an amazing product. You give up on us that easy? Bye!!!"
Link: https://twitter.com/TheRealTMurdoch/...13798557323264

Quote:
Nick Aldis doesn't want Jim Cornette's controversial comments to define the NWA.

A few weeks ago, Cornette made racially insensitive comments on NWA Powerrr during a match between Aldis and Trevor Murdoch. The comments would eventually lead the NWA to not only edit the episode and apologize for the remarks, but announce that Cornette is no longer working for the company.

Aldis, the NWA World's Heavyweight Champion, took time to address Cornette's comments in a media call. Aldis admitted that he has defended Cornette for controversial comments he made in the past, but didn't like the fact that Cornette's "faux pas" is what made people talk about the NWA and wants people to look at the company in a positive light.

“I’ll break that down into a couple of sections. As far as me personally, anything I chose to say on the matter was my own decision. That is what it is. Like I said, I was very careful about the words I choose and I stand by them. And again, you can go back, I’ve written articles I have published and I have given interviews where I strongly defended Jim when people were accusing him of making homophobic comments, saying that they weren’t homophobic. He was talking about someone’s act. You can have a difference of opinion on Jim, but you can’t hurl accusations on Jim. That’s not fair. But when you make a faux pas like that, it’s not up to me to decide what’s acceptable and what isn’t. It’s not up to me to decide who’s offended and who’s not and it certainly isn’t up to me to decide who’s allowed to be offended by something and who isn’t. Ultimately, my opinion on the subject matter was solely on thinking of the boys and thinking of the talent because if you have a show like that and Trevor Murdoch steps into the light and reminds everyone that he is a player and then you have Melina debut and all everyone is talking about is a controversial line from a controversial commentator from a controversial podcast, that’s a problem for me. And that’s all there is to me. Jim was a hugely valuable resource and we consult with Jim for advice because he’s an encyclopedia of the business. It’s unfortunate that he made a faux pas and refused to own it. It’s not the reason I want the NWA to be trending. Nobody has worked harder than me and David Lagana to make this company what it is. We don’t want things to be distracting for that because someone wants to be controversial. If that’s what [he] wants to do, have at it. Go do your podcast and we’ll move in a different direction. We just don’t need that distraction," Aldis said.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote