View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:14 AM   #19
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I had this preordered on the switch. Dropped my preorder last week after the rumblings of a bad port got too loud to ignore....looking like that was the right call. Switch port is noticeably inferior even to someone who isnt big ln graphics.
I dunno. I personally feel like that's something I'd have to see for myself. I don't mean that as a slight or disagreement with you; I mean that I literally will buy this again whenever I get a Switch and make that comparison firsthand. Even if it isn't "nearly as good", I still feel like it should be both worth the support and nice to take on the go. But I still play my Advance Wars: Dual Strike* to death, so what do I know?

I'm actually more worried about this supposed 1.2 update bug I kept reading about when I was trying to get some sort of update about the crashes happening across the board.

Mine still seems fairly unique in that it isn't being triggered by bookshelves (except the first time, and that bookshelf hasn't done it since), but by what looks like major inventory shifts of either making/buying a bunch of shit or selling items and shards. I've had a total of three crashes outside of that- one bookshelf hit, and two random gameplay stoppages - but the rest have come right after exiting either the market or the alchemist if I just did a bunch of stuff. So, I've gotten down to a few items at a time, then run over to save. Can't say I'm entirely happy about being a bit more tedious, but it's better than selling 30 shards, buying a bunch of food, then having to try to remember what I bought after the crash or worse, thinking I made a bunch of potions because that's what I did before the game crashed, and then after I restart, I go adventuring without them.

*If they release Advance Wars on Switch, it's a done deal for me. I don't care if it's "Wars World" proper, or expounding on the divergent Days of Ruin. And yes, I'm aware Wargroove exists, but that feels more like Shining Force. It's not bad, but it's not the same thing.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote